The College of Nursing at Xavier University is seeking experienced,
innovative, and highly motivated candidates for a full-time,
open-rank, tenure track faculty to provide academic leadership for
our high-quality on-campus traditional BSN program. The successful
candidate will have responsibilities that include program oversight
and managing day-to-day operations, supervising faculty and staff
in the BSN program, program assessment, representing the program at
university functions, and management of the curriculum revision or
development, among other duties to be determined. The Director will
ensure that the program is in compliance with all laws and
regulations of the Board of Nursing, CCNE, and HLC, and for
coordinating the nursing curricula with other degree program
requirements across the university. The director will provide
collaborative leadership for matters related to
accreditation/certification, teaching schedules, and recruitment of
new faculty and staff. The director is expected to have an
on-campus physical presence as part of their role. The successful
candidate will work directly with the Associate Dean for the
undergraduate programs and as a faculty member, will teach classes
and perform other typical faculty duties, albeit with release time
to allow for performing the Director duties.
- A doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, or DNP) with a focus in nursing
education or higher education leadership from a regionally
accredited college or university.
- A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or higher degree from a
regionally accredited college or university, which includes
coursework in nursing, education, or administration.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered
nurse in Ohio or be eligible to be licensed in Ohio.
- At least 3 years of experience teaching in an accredited
- At least 3 years of clinical experience as a registered
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an academic nursing
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and
have a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative
- Demonstrate experience in nursing accreditation processes
(i.e., CCNE, CNEA, or ACEN).
- Demonstrate experience collaborating with and coordinating
groups of individuals.
- Demonstrate experience in the integration of curriculum
revision/development, program planning, program evaluation, and
student learning outcomes assessment.
- Experience in coordinating and implementing programs in an
- Experience in project and budget, and/or grant management and
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational
- Ability to work in a collegial setting with staff at all
Xavier University is strongly committed to enhancing equity,
inclusion and diversity. These values are central to our mission.
Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff,
and students who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are
encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier
University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University's
Applications will be reviewed beginning on October 7, 2022
The position will remain open until filled.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide
proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon on-boarding. Vaccine
exemptions may be granted for medical or religious
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and
affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational,
health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility
varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account,
flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance,
accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible