Part-Time Health Information Technology Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually
accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be
added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on
an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you
will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor.
We are looking for someone to teach hybrid (combination of online
and in-person) Health Information Technology course as part of the
dual enrollment program in spring 2022 .
The skills that will be necessary include Insurance Billing,
Electronic Medical Records, Medical Administrative Procedures,
Sterile Technique, Medical Office Surgical Procedures,
Electrocardiography, Injections, Medication Dose Calculations,
Pharmacology, Blood Draw/Venipuncture, Microscopy, Urinalysis,
Specimen Collection, Vital Signs, and Visual Acuity.
The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion
courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an
on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed,
during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is
represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers
(WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67%
of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring
salary range of $29,554-$41,482 per semester; and is based on
academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Education - Possess any one of the following:
- Any associate’s degree AND 6 years relevant professional
- Any bachelor’s degree AND 2 years relevant professional
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic,
socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds,
disability, and sexual orientation of community college students,
faculty and staff.
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit
our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes
preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities,
evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of
class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects
- Maintain accurate class and other records required by the
- Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
- Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction
- Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per
- Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and
programs of the District and college.
- Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the
beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information
on counseling and other student services.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for
successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the
- Foster a positive working environment that is free from
harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
- Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to
complete the application, testing or interview process, please
contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal