The Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE)
applications for a HR and Finance Professional Temporary
The Professional Aide provides budgetary, accounting
and human resource support. These business services are provided to
OUE units under the direct supervision of the Director of Business
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) is a campus office
reporting to the Provost. Our charge is to examine the
undergraduate student experience, assess student and program
outcomes, identify gaps, and launch and support student-facing
campus initiatives to promote student success. OUE oversees a
variety of academic programs; international programs, including
Education Abroad and International Student & Scholar Services;
and the Program in Exploratory Studies, which is home to
approximately 25% of entering first-year students each year. The
Office is also the home to the campus first-year advising network
and cross-campus advising initiatives. We work with a wide array of
campus partners to conceptualize and develop new student success
initiatives that will enable CU-Boulder to recruit and retain a
highly driven and diverse undergraduate student body.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Serve as unit payroll liaison. Responsible for new hire
processing and approval workflow, additional pay addendums, leave,
merit verification, PET requests, funding distribution updates and
termination/resignation close out processing for staff and
- Manage student hourly hiring, onboarding, leave, payroll
processing, work study and terminations/resignations. Requires
close collaboration with students and supervisors and coordinated
working relationships with the HR Service Center and Student
- Process budget/expense journal entries, cash transfers;
- Perform account reconciliations;
- Provide frequent financial reporting to department
- Monitor accounts for potential accounting errors and/or
- Assist with grants administration including pre and post award
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof
of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within
30 days of employment.
- This is a temporary, full time position, anticipated to last 3
months, with the possibility of extending up to 12 months.
- This position can be worked in either a remote or hybrid
- The pay range is $26.00 - $30.00 per hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not
benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
Be collaborative. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- 2 years’ experience with processing payroll and time
- Experience processing journal entries, account
- Experience with financial reporting.
- Appropriate relevant education can substitute for the
experience on a year for year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with
- 3 years’ experience working in an institution of higher
- Experience with HCM, or similar system.
- Experience with CU-Data, or similar.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance.
- Grant administration experience (pre or post award).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter.
Please apply by October 3, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: