The University of Colorado Boulder and Campus Dining
is seeking applications for a full time Head
Line Cook, which offers amazing benefits!
This position is
eligible for the following benefits: EcoPass; 22 vacation days;
access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition
reimbursement; a 10% employer contribution retirement plan, and
more! The expected compensation is $17 per hour ($35,360).
If you're interested in a hands-on working culinary position that
provides oversight and leadership in our dining operations, then
this might be the right opportunity for you!
If selected for an interview, we will request three
professional references. Please gather the contact information
(phone and email) for three references in preparation for this part
of our process.
This position, under the general supervision of the Sous Chef and
Kitchen Manager, exists to prepare, assign and delegate
standardized recipe preparation, ensuring quality, A9 and food
safety standards are followed in their specific assigned production
area, all while offering outstanding customer service in a
team-driven and supported environment. This position is responsible
for facilitating break schedules for the aforementioned areas based
upon organizational needs and staff schedules.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services (CDS)
exists to provide 3.3 million
meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the
university. We are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering
and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads
the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining
experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives
and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including
efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We
are committed to providing options and information to all of our
guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan,
vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong
allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Kitchen Prep & Operation
- Prep, assemble and delegate food preparation tasks.
- Delegate and assist with the setup and breakdown of production
and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service
standards as appropriate.
- Follow and enforce set food safety protocol in all areas of
- Ensure cleanliness and quality of BOH service areas.
- Successfully pass ServSafe.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with customer
needs and inquiries.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and
- Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Follow all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures, request labels,
and recognize allergen errors.
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including
avoidance of cross contact, and report concerns to Shift Supervisor
or Service Manager.
- Serves on the food safety response team and responds to all
food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment. If a
work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour
of the original call and/or message.
What You Should Know
- Train new staff members, both full time and student
- Empower others to make decisions in areas within their span of
- Make scheduling recommendations and alert management of holes
in the personnel roster as necessary.
- Hold others accountable, following progressive discipline
- Discuss staff issues with Shift Supervisor and Lead Service
What We Can Offer
- This position is eligible for our
Student Affairs Employee Referral Program .
- This full-time position is eligible for the
- EcoPass for free RTD rides.
- Paid days off: 22 vacation days, 15 sick leave days, and
- Access to Medical, vision, dental, and life
- Tuition reimbursement.
- An unparalleled retirement plan.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- The pay rate for this position is $17.00 per hour.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be authentic. Be imaginative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Three years of food service experience.
- Education may substitute for experience.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the
position level or the ability to obtain appropriate certification
within 6 months of hire, and maintain for duration of employment
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a
shown ability to effectively work in an environment with multiple
- Outstanding professionalism, communication and maturity in all
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and
geographical differences while working with students, faculty, and
staff from around the world.
- One year culinary experience in a fast-paced university or
institutional food service operation.
- Supervisory experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 30, 2022
, for consideration.
: Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: