The University of Colorado Boulder
applications for a Custodian position with Campus Dining
This position will manage many tasks related to basic
cleaning, recycling/composting, sanitation, chemical handling,
equipment maintenance, and other miscellaneous work as needed to
upkeep our facilities across campus. Custodians will be assigned to
work locations, but may perform duties in variety of areas, as well
as team assignments for daily cleaning and sanitizing.
This position is eligible for a number of benefits, including: the
Student Affairs Staff Referral Bonus; EcoPass; 22 vacation days;
access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, tuition
reimbursement; a 10% employer contribution retirement plan, and
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services
exists to provide 3.3 million meals
per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the
university. We are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering
and Retail outlets that operate year-round. Campus Dining offers
outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We
continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our
carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in
resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are
committed to providing options and information to all of our guests
with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan,
vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong
allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Cleaning, Vacuuming & Recycle/Composting
Chemical & Sanitation
- Dust and wash/clean: windowsills, blinds, woodwork, doors,
elevator walls, overhead pipes, light fixtures, furniture, and
- Ensure that all reusable hand towels are in appropriate
container for pick up from linen company and that clean linens are
- Ensure all coolers and freezers are clean and sanitized.
- Schedule and handle cleaning of all dry goods store rooms.
- Use backpack vacuum and spot cleaner to thoroughly clean all
four dining floor surfaces, stairwells and upholstery as needed.
Vacuum entryway mats and elevator door tracks daily.
- Schedule all daily cleaning of hard surface floors with floor
- Empty the contents of all compost, trash and recycling
receptacles and dispose of materials in the appropriate
- Schedule and perform detailed cleaning of all trash, compost,
recycling receptacles including dock compost dumpster daily or as
- Ensures that appropriate chemicals are used for specific tasks
and perform titrate tests weekly on all chemical sanitation
- Ensure that all safety data sheets are present and in
designated locations and updated.
- Guarantee all spray bottles are labeled and stored
- Ensure all hand sinks and mop sinks are fully stocked daily
with appropriate materials and chemicals dispensing at the ideal
Emergency & Miscellaneous Work
- Clean and perform minor maintenance on all custodial equipment
to maintain working order, and report all recommended repairs as
- Maintain the custodial workstation in a clean, organized, and
safe manner, while adding water to floor drains as needed.
What You Should Know
- Maintain inventory of emergency overnight kits and perform
initial emergency clean-up, which may include cleaning water,
bodily fluids, or debris.
- Extract carpeted floors and upholstered furniture with
- Stripping and finishing of hard surface floors as
- Move or assist in the moving of heavy furniture.
- Close all windows, turn off lights and lock doors.
- Assist with the set up and break down of special events as
What We Can Offer
- This position is eligible for our Student Affairs Employee
Referral Program .
- This position will be working a night shift and may work
- Please be aware that dining is considered essential
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- The hourly rate is $15.91.
- Note: your total compensation goes beyond the number on your
paycheck. CU Boulder provides generous leave, health plans, and
retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. For more
information, you can access our Total Compensation
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be courageous. Be unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Six months of work experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Enjoy working in a fast paced team driven environment.
- Ability to learn and understand how to check email.
- Capability to provide excellent customer service in high
contact cleaning locations, everywhere our students and staff
- Sensitivity to, and respect of cultural, political and
geographical differences with the ability to work will with
students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
- Work experience as a custodian, janitor, or a similar
- Basic knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and industrial cleaning
equipment and appliances, as well as safety protocols involving the
use of chemicals.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us
how your background and experience align with the requirements,
qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 18, 2022
: Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: