The University Libraries
encourages applications for an
to provide administrative office
support for Dean, Senior Associate Dean, Associate Dean, and
Assistant Dean in all facets of their duties! This includes helping
to build a team environment in the Administration office by working
as a liaison for the Deans with staff of other offices within the
Libraries, on campus, and within the community, providing reception
desk coverage, and managing the fiscal and other resources
associated with management for a University Officer.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
- We are a knowledge catalyst. We fuel inquiry, discovery,
collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We
welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational
- An information-empowered world.
Our values define our interactions within the Libraries and radiate
outwardly. This means that we develop a culture that
compassionately and authentically embodies our values in all
aspects of our work.
We affirm diversity and inclusive excellence to be vitally integral
to the Libraries’ mission and vision. We strive to model this in
recruitment and retention, building collections, and offering
services and spaces to develop a receptive social, intellectual,
and physical environment for all. Learn more about our dedication
to diversity and inclusivity.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Assistant to the Senior Associate/Associate/Assistant Deans and
to the Acting Executive Assistant to the Dean:
Back up Event Assistant, Conference Room Scheduler, and
- Provides direct support for the Associate/Assistant Deans of
Libraries including management of Outlook calendars, appointments,
travel, and project management.
- Financial reconciliation and reporting for the
Associate/Assistant Deans including travel, procurement, corporate
cards, and reimbursements (using Concur).
- Creates documents as requested.
- Acts as a back-up for all functions of the Dean’s Executive
Assistant when the Executive Assistant is out of the office for
more than one day at a time.
- Coordinates monthly Admin Chapter meetings.
- Formats and uploads annual reports from each Guild, Community
of Practice, etc. into SharePoint along with the Deans’
- Assists with coordination of Libraries’ events, social
functions, and professional development for faculty and staff of
the Libraries throughout the year.
- Supervises attendance at internal and public virtual events,
budget, and department requests and reports this information to the
Executive Committee on a regular basis.
- Serves as the central point to approve conference room
reservation requests for Norlin conference room booking using
- Keeps list of conference room features up to date on
- Greets and directs visitors at the receptionist desk as
- Handles wide variety of queries from a variety of constituents
and directs to appropriate location using a detailed knowledge of
the building and organization.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for gift in kind
donations and ensures they receive timely updates and
acknowledgments about their contributions.
- Supports internal and external communication about new gifts
such as news stories or newsletters.
Grant Proposal Coordinator:
- Manages the University Libraries volunteer program and
coordinates the volunteer engagement model which includes:
creating, implementing, and assessing methods for identifying
potential volunteers, evaluating their skills and abilities;
interviewing, onboarding, orienting, training, scheduling, team
building, resource provision, and supervision.
- Establishes new processes and documentation to inventory and
align volunteer needs of various departments across library
divisions. This includes assessing volunteer skill levels to match
responsibilities and work requirements.
- Recruits volunteers through participation in public community
events, presentations, and postings.
What You Should Know
- Coordinates and supervises workflow of grant proposals by
fielding and directing questions to respective people/departments
and checking paperwork to ensure compliance with grant proposal
guidelines and requirements.
What We Can Offer
- This position is fully in-person.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The salary range for this position is $36,200 - 39,000
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be authentic. Be game-changing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the
work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required
experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be a Colorado resident.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks and
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills, including
communications with internal and external partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage
relationships with large and diverse groups of partners.
- Ability to cultivate and advocate for an environment of
diversity, inclusion, and respect.
- 1+ years of experience working in higher education.
- 1+ years of executive administrative support experience.
- Experience with purchasing and procurement platform(s),
policies, and procedures, such as Concur.
- Experience booking and reimbursing travel.
- Experience providing customer service.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the
position was full-time or part-time.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points
within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would
like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for
preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this
posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy
to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and
reference the job to which you are applying. If using the
educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 9, 2022
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: