Academic Advisor I (PACE)
University Pay Plan Title
Academic Advisor I
PACE Advising Center
Open to All
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address
how they meet these required qualifications to meet the
requirements of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Attention to detail.
- Work experience with college students or adolescents.
- Advanced degree or hours toward advanced degree.
- Experience as an academic advisor in a college setting.
- Experience working with first-year college students.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish).
Responsible for providing quality undergraduate advising and
serving as an advisor and resource to first-year students,
prospective students, and their support systems.
Additional Information to Applicants
Job Open Date
- Assist first-year students in the major exploration
- Assist students with decision-making in choosing majors.
- Guide students in the completion of admissions requirements for
- Assist students with course schedules and the selection of
courses for their first year at Texas State.
- Recognize and address the needs and concerns of a diverse
- Assist students in interpreting degree audit reports,
transcripts, and complex academic policies. Perform complicated
calculations such as grade point average calculations.
- Provide referrals to other offices and services on campus.
- Maintain confidential student files and records by keeping
accurate and thorough documentation of all advising
- Provide general information and outstanding customer service to
prospective students, parents, and other members of the
- Communicate and collaborate with academic departments and other
- Participate in university recruitment and retention efforts and
events such as New Student Orientation and Bobcat Day
- Conduct presentations.
- Provide clerical and administrative assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- (Normal working hours are M-F 8-5, but some night/weekend work
is required for participation in events.)
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled
Normal Work Days
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start
Normal Work Hours End
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER
LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive
thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals
from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share
our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our
diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal
history, driving records, education records, employment
verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the
use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas
State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University
System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and
minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your
first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State
paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly
resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a
variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning
resources, certifications, and employee educational support
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks
offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and
voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of
the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).