Notre Dame of Maryland University is seeking a Head Men's Soccer Coach as we transition our undergraduate program to Co-ed. The main focus for the 2022-2023 AY will be on recruiting. Other duties will commence in 2023.
Essential Functions will include:
Head Coach Functions
- Responsible for the day to day operations and administration of specific sport program.
- Responsible for developing an annual recruiting plan, including proposed roster size and recruitment travel strategy.
- Responsible for utilization of Front Rush for recruitment purposes.
- Contribute significantly to the enrollment of both the Institution and Athletic Department.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Admissions and the Athletics Admissions Coordinator. Assist in development and execution of recruiting events in collaboration with Admissions.
- Successfully retain sport specific student-athletes.
- Regular and timely communication with other head sport coaches and department staff about program operations and updates
- Regular and timely communication with the Notre Dame Admissions Department and attendance at University admissions events
- Ensure compliance with all CSAC and NCAA regulations, as they pertain to the specific sport.
- Assist in departmental efforts to ensure academic success of student-athletes
- Coordinate with operations coordinator to schedule non-conference competition
- Manage team budget and conduct fundraising activities.
Athletics Facilities Coordinator
- Primary liaison with Facilities regarding maintenance and repair.
- Proactive submission of facility work orders and event site repairs/cleanup.
- Works with Athletics Operations Coordinator to ensure facilities are prepared for game day.
- Rotating responsibility for Game Day Operations in Winter/Spring Seasons
This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). A CSA is an individual, who by virtue of their University responsibilities and under the Clery Act, is designated to receive and report criminal incidents to the Department of Risk Management and Public Safety so that they may be included and published in the University’s annual security report.
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree Required. Specific sport playing experience at the collegiate level preferred. General knowledge of NCAA Division III eligibility regulations and an understanding of the relationship between liberal arts education and athletics. Strong knowledge of successful strategies for recruiting student-athletes.
- Experience: 2-3 years coaching experience.
- Skills/Aptitude: Must have good writing and computer skills, proven administrative and management skills, and good interpersonal communication skills. This position requires the employee possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Working Conditions: Athletics environment. Will involve evening and weekend commitments. Will require periods of standing, sitting or walking. Must be able to lift 30 pounds and the ability teach and demonstrate sport-specific skills and techniques. Will require travel for recruitment purposes.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.