Dish Washer & Prep Cook, UM Dining
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 26, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Auxiliary Services, Food Services Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Campus Dining is one of the premiere university food-service organizations in the country. The University of Montana, located in Missoula, MT is a culturally integrated outdoor community with world-class mountain biking, fishing, hunting and skiing. More than 12,500 students from all over the globe claim The University of Montana as home. The University incorporates diversity into our staffing, menus and special events. UM Dining’s trend setting programs like the UM Farm to College Program, sustainable business practices, the campus garden programs and our staff development programs are envied by our peers across the country. Our international award-winning culinary team is proud to be part of the campus and enjoys an excellent reputation with our clients, faculty and staff.
Campus Dining invites applications for the Dish Washer/Prep Cook at the Food Zoo. This position is responsible for, amongst other duties, the safe and sanitary operation of the Food Zoo dish room and preparation of ingredients for use in standardized recipes. Position responsibilities include the training and supervision of student and temporary staff in each area.
This is a great opportunity to join the UM Campus Dining team with the opportunity for advancement, competitive compensation, and great benefits.
No prior food service experience is required! We will train you.
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and one (1) year commercial food service experience or combination of education and experience
- ServSafe certified
- Knowledge of food safety practices and procedures
University Dining Services supports student success through superior cuisine, exceptional dining experiences, and sustainable business practices.
Shared Values and Guiding Principles
- NOURISHMENT : We serve wholesome, high quality, and nutritious food.
- GUEST SERVICE : The people we serve are our guests. We will exceed our guests’ expectations.
- SUSTAINABILITY: We commit to local, regional, and global environmental stewardship through sustainable business practices and agricultural economic development in Montana through the UM Farm to College Program.
- PROFESSIONALISM: We exhibit passion, excellence, integrity, loyalty, responsiveness, and innovation in the pursuit of our profession. We affirm, cultivate, and value our employees through professional development.
- DIVERSITY: We respect and celebrate the contributions, rights, and dignity of our diverse employees and guests.
- PARTNERSHIPS: We cultivate collaborative and financial partnerships with our on- and off-campus colleagues in support of the University’s mission.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: As a self-operated dining department, we maintain profitability to meet our obligations as a self-funded state auxiliary account. We are entrepreneurial in our exploration and development of new revenue opportunities.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Culinary Professional I
Position Number: 102800
Department: Campus Dining
Work Schedule: 1.0 FTE, 40 hours/week, 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, 12 months/year
Salary: $16.00 per hour –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and may be different from the posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, wellness program and training and advancement opportunities.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Thursday, January 19, 2023 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related the stated required skills for the position.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert