THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) aims to advance heath care in Vietnam and the world through leading education, innovative research and technology. Our mission is:
Committed to developing world-class research and providing outstanding health care education
To pioneer the country’s health sciences education and reform
To attract and develop healthcare leaders to advance health sciences locally and globally.
Our strategic partner within Vingroup is Vinmec Healthcare System – the leading private, not-for-profit health care provider in Vietnam, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals and 4 outpatient clinics throughout Vietnam (with more than 1,600 beds), together with its medical research institutes and centers. Vinmec is the only healthcare provider in Vietnam offering 2 hospitals with Joint-Commission International (JCI) accreditation (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city). The Vinmec Times City in Hanoi is our primary teaching hospital for College of Health Sciences. It received the first JCI accreditation in 2015, the re-accreditation in 2018 and is currently the only teaching hospital in Vietnam with JCI recognition.
With a vision to advance health care through research, the College of Health Sciences will also offer research opportunities in all our programs and provide a supportive research environment for our faculty and students. Taking advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology and service-oriented companies such as Vinpearl, VinHomes, VinFast, VinSmart, etc., the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & healthcare products and solutions.
Currently, the College offers undergraduate degree programs in Nursing and Medicine while there are three residency programs offered i.e., in Internal Medicine, Surgery and Pediatrics. All of the health sciences programs are competency-based, developed with University of Pennsylvania’s technical support. With UPenn’s certified and validated curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become healthcare leaders, innovators and scientists with entrepreneurial mindset and as prospective agents of change in the future.
The College of Health Sciences at VinUniversity in Hanoi invites applications for the positions of Chairs of Clinical departments in Specialties / Sub-specialties cum clinical experts in Vinmec Healthcare System. The following Specialties / Sub-specialties are our priority (but may not limited to):
Cardiology; Internal Medicine; Critical Care Medicine and Emergency Medicine; Surgery; Pediatrics; OB/GYN; Diagnostic Imaging; Anesthesia and Pain Management. The candidates will have dual positions: clinical department chairs / senior clinical faculty at VinUni CHS and senior clinicians at Vinmec.
- Lead the development of strategy and vision for the clinical department / clinical domain of expertise
- Lead the development of new training courses/programs in the domain of expertise (including undergraduate, graduates and CME programs)
- Provides overall leadership and instruction in clinical programs for a wide range of trainees.
- Ensure the quality and process improvement of program delivery and activities
- Lead the faculty and instructor development, including provision of mentoring and supervision to Faculty and instructors periodically
- Participate / lead clinical research initiatives related to the field of expertise
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with strategic partners, hospitals, training centers and potential clients to increase and maintain the branding and the visibility of the VinUniversity CHS and Vinmec.
- Perform clinical works and duties at Vinmec (clinical practice license is required)
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- M.D., M.B.B.S. (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline from an accredited university; Graduate Medical Education qualification is preferred (accredited programs and certifications preferred)
- Clinical Experience: At least 5 years of independent clinical practice after Professional License
- Teaching experience: At least 1 year experience teaching health science students or residents in the clinical setting is preferred
- Research experience: At least 3 research publications as first author or co-author in peer-reviewed journal or other scholarly work
- Have high reputation in their specialty field or have potential to become expert (national level preferable)
- Academic credentials and experiences are preferred (especially those who are qualified as associate/ full professors)
- English level: Proficiency to work with international experts and ACGME-I accreditation team
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via http://apply.interfolio.com/100869 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume and (3) two recommendation letters.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes).