Counselor (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Counselor (Reg FT 12 month, with
: North Campus
This position will remain open until
filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview,
please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume
by no later than July 8, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that
application materials received after this date will be considered
or reviewed. This is a regular full-time tenure-track 12 month
position with benefits.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits
package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Provide support services to
students including those with special needs through admissions,
crisis, academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling. May
refer students to various College offices and/or outside agencies
to meet individual needs of students.
Master's degree in counseling and two (2) years related experience
required. College experience in counseling is preferred. Workload
schedule may include evenings, Saturdays, as well as off-campus
Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. Assess needs and provide individualized support and programming
to help a diverse student body reach their short and long term
2. Provide individual and/or group counseling on issues related to
transfer, career and academic concerns.
3. Actively participate in onboarding activities to promote
enrollment and retention of new students.
4. Provide academic advisement as stipulated in the AFT Contract
for students through all steps of the enrollment process, including
selecting a major and selecting courses.
5. Coordinate and administer career inventories and other
diagnostic assessments; interpret entrance tests, career
inventories and psychometric tests.
Work collaboratively with and provide referrals to appropriate
campus offices related to student retention efforts.
6. Develop programming and initiatives for students in alignment
with the JED College model.
7. Provide personal counseling to promote self-growth and
resilience in an academic setting.
8. Assist, when needed, with student crisis counseling to provide
initial assessment and referrals to external resources.
9. Provide referrals to outside community resources and college
10. Coordinate Transfer Fairs, college visits, and transfer
11. Serve with College Cares and BIT teams to provide follow-up and
referrals for students.
12. Develop and implement proactive intervention, support and
retention programs for at risk students.
13. Attend meetings/training to stay current on College procedures,
policies, and practices.
14. Participate in special programs that support the diversity of
the student population.
15. Serve on campus and/or college committees.
16. Prepare and submit reports, as requested.
17. Provide input in the preparation of the operating and capital
18. Perform other related duties as assigned...
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available
Effective November 1, 2021, as a
condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of
Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and
provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved
exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered
a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement
for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests
will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office
of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: