IT Coordinator- C
Computing & Information Services
Duration of Position:
Full year / Full time
$21.11 per hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans,
and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially
encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free
campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy
requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all
employees except for those exempt for medical or religious
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The IT Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities at
the Help Desk, including :
Managing Loaner pool including iPads, Laptops, and Telco
Client consultation and sales in the Computer Store (i.e.
pre-sales, advice as part of grant proposal preparations)
Managing Telecom tickets and incidents, processing requests
with outside vendor (i.e. internal ticket system to vendors system,
and troubleshooting and escalation of overdue and outstanding
Troubleshooting and resolution on ID Card printing technology
and access issues
Provide retail sales assistance on computer related
Overseeing student workers and assign student workers tasks as
- Interacting with and supporting walk-in clients
- Answering and recording incoming service phone calls, providing
1st level triage, creating and managing incident tickets looking
for trends and patterns to generate problem records to escalate
- Resolving hardware and software issues
- Perform warranty hardware repair (i.e. Apple, Lenovo, Dell)
- Apple Repairs
- College PC Repairs
- Student Hardware triage and repair
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Associate degree preferred or two years of experience
supporting computing technology in an academic computing
- Retail experience highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate ability to interact with diverse community of
various levels of technical expertise.
- Multi-tasking when competing and/or overlapping deadlines is
- Excellent communications, technical and organizational skills
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment, work independently,
and remain calm and in control under pressure.
- Require proficiency in Windows/Mac operating systems, MS
Office, Google apps, Dropbox, internet browsers, email and incident
- Demonstrated expertise in hardware repair (Mac and PC).
- Successful candidate will be expected to complete Macintosh
Hardware Repair certification.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2867