Soka University of America is currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Student Activities Coordinator position.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students, the Student Activities Coordinator will serve in a two-year, full-time position and is responsible for providing co-curricular programs designed to enhance the growth and development of all students and support services for student organizations. The Coordinator will provide a variety of cultural, social and educational programs and experiences for all students to engage with the campus and community. The Coordinator will support student affinity groups, and support event management, with the goal of increasing student engagement and creating a strong sense of belonging, equity, well-being, global citizenship and school spirit. The Coordinator will aid in the promotion of a safe, supportive, and inclusive campus that celebrates and respects diversity.
Candidates should demonstrate responsiveness toward and understanding of diverse student backgrounds, especially with regard to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, culture, ability/disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity and have a willingness to facilitate the university’s mission to develop global citizens.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Associate Dean of Students in the planning, development, implementation, facilitation and assessment of programs and activities, trainings, workshops, intercultural dialogues for the student body as well as for student organizations.
- Provides supervision and support for the Student Assistants and Diversity Peer Educators in the implementation and marketing of social, cultural, and educational programming with a goal of increasing student engagement, activism, advocacy, leadership and global citizenship.
- Advises and supports affinity group events regarding event planning and logistics, utilizing best and sustainable practices in processes, procedures, and policies; and ensures quality service and support for student-led events.
- Maintains knowledge of and communicates University policies and procedures to student organization/ student leaders and advisors; oversees the student affinity group registration process; and ensures that all registration and membership eligibility requirements are met.
- Works closely and maintains contact with student organization advisors on a regular basis.
- Oversees the design and implementation of Student Activities manuals and guidelines and updates all policies and procedures and the Student Activities section on the University website and University portal.
- Updates the student organization participation data each semester and maintains the database of student organizations members/activities; assesses overall student participation in organizations and clubs; and administers student surveys to assess student engagement and interest.
- Assists in researching, analyzing, compiling, and generating reports and statistical information based on program assessment. Prepare surveys, manuals, forms and other documentation as required.
- Keeps the campus community informed of all events, programs, and activities through print, visual and social media; ensures the timely distribution of information for the campus community and updates the campus wide events calendar. Responsible for developing and updating content for Student Activities on the University portal, website and other media.
- Works with the Associate Dean of Students to promote increased campus awareness of University goals and priorities related to diversity and inclusion and mission.
- Maintains budget to include procurement and processing payments.
- Collaborates with Student Affairs staff in providing resource support for student affinity groups.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Students.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience working in collegiate student life, diversity/ multicultural areas and organizing student programs, trainings and workshops is preferred.
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to diversity and inclusion; solid understanding of and appreciation for cultural, ethnic, and individual differences. Demonstrated effectiveness in working collaboratively with college students, colleagues, and community constituents. Experience working with student staff and student organizations. Possess strong organizational and project management skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Ability to coordinate, delegate, and track projects to completion while handling interruptions, multiple deadlines and shifting priorities. Strong interpersonal skills and practice of cultural humility in interactions with others. Demonstrated knowledge of group dynamics and needs and ability to facilitate constructive intergroup dialogue and understands how to manage conflict and guide mutual understanding. Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including effective public speaking, effectively listen to all points of view, facilitate difficult dialogues, ability to solve problems and build consensus. Possesses leadership qualities such as: vision, pro-activeness, being a self-starter, positivity and creativity. Knowledge and application of student development theories, models and practices. Excellent time management skills. Commitment to mutual respect, service orientation, diversity, and institutional excellence and high professional standards. Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships within the University and the community. High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and other Microsoft applications. Working knowledge of marketing, social media, and website practices.
Soka University offers excellent benefits. Salary range for this position is 52000 to 58000 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employment is contingent upon the completion of a successful background check. Soka University requires all employees and students to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If hired, you are required to be fully vaccinated (including booster) for COVID-19 as a condition of your employment at Soka University, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide your vaccination record on your first day of employment.
Application review will begin immediately. The position will remain open, and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references.
Please apply on the Interfolio site by clicking on this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/114097
For inquiries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.