- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 22, 2022
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese seeks to hire a full-time instructor of Spanish with a 4-4 teaching load, who will teach beginning- and intermediate-level courses in our program. For purposes of annual merit evaluation, instructors are assessed at 85% teaching and 15% service obligations. The successful candidate will receive a 3-year appointment (funding is not guaranteed after 3 years). The expected start is Spring 2023, pending final approval by the College of Arts & Sciences.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese is a vibrant, multicultural, diverse community of scholars, students, and staff deeply engaged in the study of the languages, cultures, societies, literatures and arts of Latin America, the Iberian Peninsula and the growing US Latino population. We are committed to providing an excellent education and an intellectually stimulating environment to undergraduate and graduate students alike. Teaching lies at the core of our mission, as does innovative and relevant scholarship in all periods of Latin American and Spanish literature and cultures as well as Hispanic Linguistics. Our faculty is made up of more than forty individuals ranging in training and experience from Teaching Assistants to senior Full Professors. Each of us is actively engaged in providing the best possible academic experience for our students.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The responsibilities of the position are to teach 4/4 load of courses from beginning to intermediate level within a coordinated program and to carry out service responsibilities commensurate with the position.
What You Should Know
This position is considered a “critical hire” for a 3-year appointment, and funding / reappointment is not guaranteed after the 3 years.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $52,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be dynamic. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- An M.A. in Spanish, Applied Linguistics or a related field.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
- At least two academic years teaching beginning and intermediate Spanish language classes at the post-secondary level.
- Three academic years or more teaching beginning through advanced Spanish language classes at the post-secondary level.
- Evidence of successful teaching demonstrated by student and supervisor feedback.
- Evidence of active engagement in professional development related to teaching second languages.
To apply, please submit the materials listed below in PDF format with the following naming convention:
- Cover Letter expressing interest in the position, which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications (LastName_FirstName_Cover.pdf)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (LastName_FirstName_CV.pdf)
- Transcripts (LastName_FirstName_transcipts.pdf)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (LastName_FirstName_TeachingPhilosophy.pdf)
- Teaching/Course Evalutions (LastName_FirstName_TeachingCourseEvaluations.pdf)
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement (LastName_FirstName_DiversityInclusion.pdf)
- During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references who will be contacted to provide letters of recommendation as the search progresses.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert