Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing
Wellstar School of Nursing
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for nine-month, non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing faculty positions in the Wellstar School of Nursing beginning August 2023.
The position will report to the Director of the Wellstar School of Nursing. Primary teaching responsibilities will be at the undergraduate level in didactic courses, which may also include clinical courses. Lab or clinical teaching in a professional setting may be incorporated into workload. There is also an expectation of service to the department, college, university, and/or professional community.
Other responsibilities include:
- Program development expectations
- Recruitment expectations
- Student teaching/clinical supervision
- Student Advising
- Working with a diverse community
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
- An active RN license in Georgia or eligibility for a Georgia nursing license.
- A terminal degree (PhD or DNP), or the foreign equivalent, in nursing or in a related field is required for the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor.
- Qualified applicants will have clinical expertise in one or more practice areas including adult health, community health, psychiatric/mental health, parent/child, or women’s health nursing and/or skills and simulation labs.
- Candidates will also have a minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience, and previous experience in nursing education or serving as a preceptor for nursing students in clinical settings.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Previous teaching experience
- Nurse Practitioner Certification (Acute Care, Adult Health, Family, Gerontological Pediatric, Women’s Health, or Psychiatric/Mental Health)
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 249300.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.