ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
RICHARD J. DALEY COLLEGE
Richard J. Daley College/Arturo Velasquez Institute (AVI) is
currently seeking a part-time Faculty to teach Community Health
Worker courses during the school year. If you have passion for
teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the
community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate
will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and
using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse
needs and engage the student in critical thinking and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES QUALIFICATIONS
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, or related
field course work in the following outreach methods, culturally
based communication skills and community intervention.
- Have 2 years equivalent of full-time work or teaching