Thank you for your interest in the University of Indianapolis! The
University is a private, liberal arts university located on 65
acres, just minutes from downtown Indianapolis. With more than 700
faculty and staff, it is a place where you can become part of a
close-knit campus community that emphasizes the importance of
community partnerships in the future growth of the
UIndy’s mission is to prepare its graduates for effective,
responsible, and articulate membership in the complex societies in
which they live and serve, and for excellence and leadership in
their personal and professional lives. The motto of "Education for
Service" provides the foundation for our work to better our
communities, both near and far.
As University employees, we know the work we do is important to our
students and our communities. To accomplish our mission, we welcome
talented, civic-minded and diverse individuals from all career
levels to help maintain our high standards of excellence and
quality. If you want to join our dynamic environment and experience
hard work, creativity, and teamwork, we welcome your
The University of Indianapolis is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion,
national origin, disability, citizenship status, military status,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender
expression. The University of Indianapolis does not discriminate on
the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities,
including employment and admission as required by Title
The R. B. Annis School of Engineering seeks applicants for an
Administrative Assistant. This role provides administrative support
to the faculty, staff, and students in the School. The
administrative assistant reports to the Associate Dean and Director
of the R.B. Annis School of Engineering. The individual, with
little supervision, must anticipate daily needs while managing the
day-to-day workflow of the School. In addition, the Administrative
Assistant prioritizes various projects, which include scheduling,
contact management, preparing materials for meetings, and
participating in a wide range of special projects. This is a
full-time, non-exempt, 12-month position.
- Serve as the first contact for students, faculty, staff, and
visitors of the R.B. Annis School of Engineering.
- Handle phone, email, and postal mail inquiries and respond
- Maintain the Associate Dean's schedule, including day-to-day
and long-term management of meetings, projects, and
- Ensure that the Associate Dean is prepared for upcoming
appointments by gathering materials necessary for each
- Schedule meetings for the School, prioritizing meetings and
communicating all relevant details to participants as
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations as
well as transcribe meeting notes.
- Balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the
completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Work with faculty and staff to collect and assemble information
for presentation, projects and strategic planning.
- Facilitate, build, and monitor relationships including tracking
contacts in the Schools database and managing follow-ups.
- Coordinate and manage special projects, including working
collaboratively with faculty and staff to assure projects meet
- Provide budget management support through purchasing, record
keeping, and reconciliation.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in making travel
- Acclimate new faculty hires, including email setup, completion
of new hire technology form, and acquiring initial office
- Support the operation and overall mission of the School.
- Monitor office supplies and reorder them as necessary.
- Two or more years of experience in administrative work or a
clerical position required.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Understanding of office management systems and procedures with
the ability to work projects through to completion required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and
Adobe Acrobat required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary planning and time management skills to complete a
high volume of varied responsibilities with excellent attention to
- Exemplary customer service skills required.
- Ability to proficiently demonstrate discretion, diplomacy, and
confidentiality when appropriate required.
- Strategic problem-solving ability with a positive can-do
- Ability to work independently and as a team required.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement projects and events
- Experience working with multiple budgets and writing grants is
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Discount
- Free Parking