Why Join WCC?
- An inclusive, welcoming environment for our students, faculty & staff
- Affordable & Comprehensive Health, Dental, Life & Vision Insurance
- 4:1 Employer Match for Retirement
- WCC Tuition paid for you AND your dependents
- Tuition reimbursement for colleges outside WCC
- Check out even more of our Total Rewards here
The Director leads the Curriculum and Assessment Office in providing support to the instructional deans, faculty and staff for curriculum development, review, assessment, and articulation activities. The director is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and coordination for curriculum development processes, course and program development, monitoring curriculum review cycles, developing and maintaining institutional curriculum files on the college’s information system, disseminating curriculum and articulation information, monitoring program advisory committee activity, and supporting the development of articulation and transfer agreements with universities and school districts. The Director oversees the planning and coordination of assessment activity on campus and supports the evaluation and ongoing improvement of learning outcomes. The Director supervises and evaluates office staff, including the Curriculum Analyst, the Curriculum Secretary, and the Transfer and Articulation Coordinator.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in education or a related field, such as instructional design.
• Equivalent of three (3) to five (5) years full-time work experience at the college or university level
• Experience in curriculum development (both program and course) at the postsecondary level.
• Experience applying learning and instructional design theories and principles.
• Knowledge of postsecondary curriculum purpose and design, and curriculum development processes.
• Ability to exhibit leadership, initiative, enthusiasm and collaboration with faculty and staff in the execution of the responsibilities of the position.
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
• Ability to manage a department budget.
• Ability to facilitate work teams and committees.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for effective regular contact with full- and part-time faculty in completion of job duties.