Open Rank Teaching Professor - Analytics (Vancouver)
About the Opportunity
This full-time faculty member is expected to bring intellectual and
creative capacity to bear in the advancement of the program,
seeking to serve students by participating in a range of teaching
and non-teaching activities that support the advancement of the
program. Teach a minimum of 6 courses in the Master of Professional
Studies in Analytics spread throughout the year and will work with
the program office on administrative issues and programmatic
Teaching & Curricular Oversight (55% of time)
- Teaching core courses, such as introduction to Analytics,
Probability and Statistics, Data Communication and Visualization,
as well as concentration courses in the areas of Applied Machine
Intelligence, Evidence Based Management, and Statistical
- In conjunction with the Faculty Lead, developing and
implementing course learning outcomes, curriculum maps, resource
guides, textbooks, syllabi templates, and updated course materials;
includes region specific coursework, including formative and
summative assessment of student learning, fostering student
success, and delivering an exceptional student learning
- Overseeing the instruction of specific courses within the
curriculum. Responsibilities include supporting the Faculty Lead in
the selection of instructors, advising on syllabi, and evaluating
- Identifying and providing recommendations to keep curriculum
relevant and industry leading.
- Working with the Faculty Lead to ensure regional programs meet
license/accreditation requirements and participate in comprehensive
regional evaluations and periodic reviews.
- In collaboration with the Faculty Lead, creating modularity
guidelines and recommendations for program content integration
across the programs and regional campuses.
Teaching and actual course load may vary with other
responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to:
Program, Region, and College Support (20% of time)
Faculty & Student Support (25% of time)
- Collaborating with the Faculty Director, Faculty Lead, and
Vancouver campus staff to establish the Analytics program within
the Vancouver market.
- Creating and supporting local events to add value to the
experience of Analytics students at the Vancouver campus, including
events that connect students with local industry practitioners,
associations, and employers.
- Coordinating with the Faculty Lead and the Associate Dean of
the Vancouver campus in the creation and management of local
industry advisory boards as may be required.
- Representing the program in regional orientations, open house
events, and admitted student events.
- Tracking the progress of Analytics students at the Vancouver
campus. Working with Vancouver campus staff, including academic
advisors and other faculty members, to support student
- In collaboration with the Faculty Lead and the Director of
Strategic Partnerships at the Vancouver campus, identifying and
engaging possible Co-op and experiential learning sponsors to
establish relationships and define engagement.
- Participating in program and faculty committee meetings as
- Serving on committees that support the mission of the program
and the vision of the College and wider University.
- Support the definition of processes and best practices for
leveraging professional networks within the region and among the
private sector to create deeper connections between
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary environment through active
collaboration with faculty and staff across Northeastern's colleges
both at the Vancouver campus and across the Global University
- In coordination with the Faculty Lead, assess and enhance
instructional quality of courses by offering follow-up coaching to
part time faculty across the Northeastern network for courses
assigned to him/her.
- Collaborating with the Faculty Lead to recruit and vet
qualified candidates for part time faculty positions.
- Assisting the program in the onboarding of new part time
faculty across the Northeastern network for courses assigned to
him/her and maintaining ongoing communications and mentorship to
gauge engagement within the program.
- Providing opportunities for part time faculty to engage with
program and college activities; seek their professional and
- In addition to supporting the Vancouver campus, occasional
travel may be required to the University's Campuses in Boston,
Silicon Valley, Seattle, Charlotte, Toronto, Portland.
- Examples of required travel include annual CPS Graduation,
Faculty Conference, etc.
- The potential for transnational work is also possible.
- Terminal degree in Analytics or a related field required by
appointment start date.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years'
experience in a leadership role in advanced analytics, but is not
required. Knowledgeable about how to manage, analyze, communicate,
visualize, and lead with Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate strong teaching
abilities (both on-ground and online), and a dedication to
continued improvement as an educator. Experience teaching at the
master's level, teaching and developing on ground and online
courses, and proven success in working with international students
are desired attributes, but is not required.
The diversity, or inclusion, statement is required. Although there
are no set rules, please write in the first person and use specific
examples from your own personal experience. The statement should
not exceed two pages.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Vancouver-BC-Canada/Open-Rank-Teaching-Professor---Analytics--Vancouver-_R103421