Open Rank Full Time Faculty: Analytics (Boston)
About the Opportunity
The position offering is a full-time, non-tenure track, one-year
renewable appointment as an Open Rank Professor. The candidate will
be expected to teach as a content expert in analytics, with
particular expertise in probability and statistics, big data and
data management, descriptive and predictive analytics, data
warehousing and data visualization. The mastery of selected
advanced systems technologies (such as Python, R, SQL, Hadoop, and
Machine Learning) is a must, knowledge about Artificial
Intelligence is a plus.
The position is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Courses are taught
in multiple formats including online, hybrid and NUflex. Faculty
enjoy a collegial work environment that allows for work-life
balance, and are expected to be available to students, whether
in-person or online. Faculty may be allowed for remote work up to 2
days in a standard five-day week. They are however required to
maintain office hours as directed and necessary. Faculty contribute
to the College's mission through teaching, service and scholarship.
The Faculty Lead will report directly to the Faculty Director of
the Domain Analytics & Enterprise Intelligence.
This full-time, non-tenure track faculty member will teach a
minimum of 6 courses in Analytics throughout the academic year
(teaching load is subject to periodic reviews by the unit and
college); actual course load may vary with other responsibilities,
which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with the Faculty Director to develop and drive
strategies for program expansion, including:
- Analyzing enrollment and retention data and developing
strategies to achieve enrollment goals.
- Reviewing and refining program positioning and messaging
- Evaluating the fiscal viability of the program within the
- Promoting development of new degrees and certificates within
the portfolio to meet demands of the marketplace.
- Identifying enrollments goals for programs.
- Collaborating with the Faculty Director to define processes and
best practices for leveraging professional networks to create
deeper connections between stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the Faculty Director and Faculty in regional
campuses and regional Campus Leadership to develop and drive
regional strategies for program expansion.
- Representing the program in orientations, open houses, and
tracking student progress.
- Creating analytical events to increase student connections to
the campus, on-ground student development, and expanding impact of
curricular content within the markets.
- Coordinating with the Faculty Director in the creation and
management of industry advisory boards.
- In collaboration with the Faculty Director, identify and reach
out to possible Co-op and experiential learning sponsors to
establish relationships and define engagement.
- Closely collaborate with other departments such as Academic
Quality Assessment, Online Experiential Learning, Marketing,
Enrollment, and Admissions.
- Closely collaborate with other programs like Project Management
in Boston and across campuses.
Faculty & Student Support
- Developing and implementing course learning outcomes,
curriculum maps, resource guides, textbooks, syllabi templates, and
updated course materials.
- Overseeing the instruction of specific courses within the
curriculum. Responsibilities include the identification and
selection of instructors, advising on syllabi, and evaluating
- Identifying and providing recommendations to keep curriculum
relevant and industry leading.
- Ensuring that the programs meet license/accreditation
requirements and participate in comprehensive evaluations and
- Creating modularity guidelines and recommendations for program
content integration across the programs and all campuses.
- Lead the Analytics team of the Domain Analytics &
- Assess and enhance instructional quality of courses by offering
follow-up coaching to full and part time faculty.
- Recruit and vet qualified candidates for part time faculty
- Assisting the program in the onboarding of new part time
faculty and maintaining ongoing communications and mentorship to
gauge engagement within the program.
- Providing opportunities for part time faculty to engage with
program and college activities; seek their professional and
- Working with faculty and staff in providing advice regarding
course selection as requested by Academic Advisors and/or Program
- Participating in program and faculty committee meetings as
- Serving on committees that support the mission of the program
and the vision of the College and wider University.
- Canvas training through Northeastern University Online is
required prior to teaching in the Analytics program.
- Terminal degree in Analytics or related field required. Degree
must be conferred by the appointment start date.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6-8 years'
experience of leading teams in advanced analytics. Knowledgeable
about how to manage, analyze, communicate, visualize, and lead with
Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate strong teaching
abilities (both on-ground and online), and a dedication to
continued improvement as an educator. Experience teaching at the
master's level, teaching and developing on ground and online
courses, and proven success in working with international students
are desired attributes.
- Previous work experience in analytics in the private sector is
The diversity, or inclusion, statement is required. Although there
are no set rules, please write in the first person and use specific
examples from your own personal experience. The statement should
not exceed two pages.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Open-Rank-Full-Time-Faculty--Analytics--Boston-_R103477