EdD Program Coordinator (15568)
- American University
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 15, 2022
Get to Know American University
At American University we value open and honest inquiry, servant leadership, and the affirmation of the human dignity of all. We envision a thriving AU community where individuals of all identities and experiences are understood, appreciated, and fully included, and where equitable treatment, opportunities, and outcomes prevail.
Our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff represent every state and more than 150 countries. Our internationally recognized faculty are today's thought leaders in the areas of public policy, law, the arts, communications, international development, and more. Our staff are innovative, service-oriented, and dedicated to moving the university towards achieving its strategic goals. We are committed to an excellent experience for all of our students, faculty and staff and share a passion for creating change through our knowledge and our work.
Learn more about American University by clicking here .
The EdD Program Coordinator is the principal point of contact for current students within the online EdD Program Education Policy and Leadership doctoral program, offered in the School of Education (SOE).
The EdD Program Coordinator will be expected to do the following:
- Support planning and coordination of the EdD program and its activities.
- Ensure implementation of EdD policies and practices.
- Manage communications through media relations, social media, etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agendas.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations, etc.).
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals for program development.
- Support growth and program development.
- Student Programming: Advise and assist students in academic affairs, including registration, academic program planning, residencies, dissertation of practice requirements, real world experiences, change in status, academic support needs, questions regarding changes, degree audits, questions about finances, and graduation. This requires an in-depth understanding of the program goals, outcomes, schedule of courses, and requirements. Work with Program Director to manage programs of study and authorize registration approval each semester. Support the design of cohort building and culture building between staff and faculty, through the interview process, residencies, and real-world learning projects.
- Course Scheduling, Production & Management: Document annual programs of study for the EdD program, including the number of students planning to enroll in each course each semester and assist with the development of the SOE schedule based on these enrollment needs. This requires a knowledge of the schedules of courses, requirements, and progression of enrollment procedures.
- Application Administration: Receive and process doctoral graduate applications and communicate with the Program Director and Assistant Director about the status of students in each phase of the application process, including prospective, incomplete and complete applications for application review. Coordinate and support the interview process for doctoral candidates.
- Recruitingand Marketing: Market SOE programs to relevant audiences, in collaboration with Program Director, Assistant Director, Recruitment and Onboarding Coordinator, SOE leadership. Identify markets for recruitment of students and maintain relationships with those organizations, institutions, and outlets.
- Activities and Events: Coordinate and facilitate all SOE student service functions including, but not limited to, open houses (on-campus and virtual), interview day, graduate acceptance day, program orientations, events for current students, alumni events and other program events.
- Reporting and Administration: Provide data for reports on SOE students to internal offices and the College as required, under the Direction of the Dean, Assistant Dean, and Program Director.
- This position supports students from prospective status through post-graduation to support student success and enhance program quality.
- This position maintains an in-depth knowledge of and is able to communicate with all constituents about the EdD program.
- The EdD Program Coordinator reports to the EdD Executive Director, who provides coaching, support, and management with input from the Assistant Dean for Academic Administration.
- The EdD Program Coordinator collaborates and facilitates communication between the EdD Program Director, Assistant Director, the faculty within the EdD program, Graduate Assistants, and students enrolled in the program.
- Additionally, she/he/they collaborates with university offices, including the Office of Financial Aid, the University Registrar and Graduate Student offices to provide student support services.
- For online programs, the EdD Program Coordinator works with the third party vendor for online programs (e.g., Noodle Partners).
- Contributory member of the School of Education, which has 500 students currently enrolled/14 full-time faculty, 80 adjunct faculty and clinical supervisors/8 programs.
- This position facilitates the completion of forms from student entrance to graduation for the Doctorate of Education in Education Policy and Leadership .
- Full Time
- Coordinator A
- This is a union-eligible position.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years’ academic advising or other relevant work experience required.
- A documented record of excellent writing skills, organization and planning capabilities, and collaboration skills required.
- Intermediate computer skills including word-processing, spreadsheets, database management, and website maintenance are necessary.
- Must have experience with the effective use of social media for program and/or organizational marketing and outreach.
- Public speaking will be a component of the position.
- Master’s degree or experience working in online programs preferred.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn more about our health and safety directive .
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AU offers a competitive benefits package including a 200% matching retirement plan, tuition benefits for full-time staff and their families, several leadership development certificates, and has been recognized by the American Heart Association as a fit-friendly worksite.Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options .
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local 500. That means the terms and conditions of your employment are governed by university policy (including the Staff Personnel Policies Manual) and any collective bargaining agreement entered into between American University and SEIU Local 500.
Current American University Employees
If you are a current employee at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert