Application Systems Administrator II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
IT Application Administration
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Applications Administrator is a key central TAMU-CC Information
Technology team member, within the Department of Enterprise
Applications, responsible for effective provisioning,
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance within
application lifecycles. This includes, but is not limited to,
supporting a portfolio of applications both on-premises and in the
cloud, researching patches, vulnerabilities and software releases,
testing/applying software updates, and helping with the
configuration of new features. This individual is also responsible
for building positive relationships with customers and vendors,
while ensuring that software systems and related procedures enhance
and support our institutional goals.
The successful candidate will be applying enterprise IT concepts to
resolve complex issues in one or more areas of specialization where
analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
Recommends and may select methods, techniques, and evaluation
criteria to obtain results. Resolves technical and business issues,
identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Defines the needs, benefits, and technical strategy within the
project lifecycle, technical analysis and design.
- Recommends and implement standards, policies, and procedures to
achieve agreed-upon service levels.
- Supports enterprise applications with a focus on security,
stability, and performance.
- Implements security measures to safeguard information ensuring
security requests have proper (system owner) approval (User account
verification, maintenance, troubleshooting).
- Document accurately and effectively the processes, procedures
and all changes to the system for auditing.
- Tests and deploys solutions in campus datacenters and in
- Maintain proficiency, certifications, and acquire knowledge
trends in information technology, application architecture and
better practices regarding delivering enterprise application
services to a university campus by reading trade journals,
attending conferences, seminars and classes, participating in
discussions with colleagues and peer institutions.
- Install, maintain and administer applications independently and
- Supports the mission and goals of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / MIS or related
- Three (3) years of related experience in effective
provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and
maintenance of software/application packages, including two (2)
years of system or application administrator experience in a LAN
networking/distributed computing environment.
- Additional experience may be used as a substitution for the
minimum education requirement:
- Associates degree in a related field and five (5) years of
- Knowledge of application security principles in concerning
applications, servers, and databases.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining enterprise applications
on platforms such as Windows or Linux.
- Experience designing, building, operating and correcting
malfunctions involving technology systems.
- Intermediate knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with
system problem identification and resolution.
- Intermediate knowledge of prior and current releases of Windows
- Experience with Information Security Principles.
- Experience with Identity & Access Management.
- Knowledge of ITIL, change management, release, and deployment
- Experience working in higher education including demonstrated
knowledge of higher education organization structure, business
practices, and associated enterprise technology systems.
- Experience building and supporting information technology
services at a higher education institution.
- Experience with use of and/or supporting ERP level SIS or other
institutional applications used in/for Higher Education (e.g.
Banner, Salesforce, CBord, Argos, LaserFiche, Fischer Identity,
- Experience with SAML and implementations such as OpenID and/or
- Experience administering Relational Database Management Systems
such as Oracle, Microsoft, and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with system problem
identification and resolution.
- Commensurate upon experience
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Application-Systems-Administrator-II_R-054354