Adjunct Faculty, Kinesiology/Physical Education
POSITION: Adjunct Faculty, Kinesiology/Physical Education
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Natural Science/Physical Education
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive
Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and
apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate
integrity and promote diversity and open communications. Course
assignments may be late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and at branch
campuses or satellite centers. The position is subject to all terms
and provisions of the Joliet United Adjuncts Coalition
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be able to teach a combination of academic courses designed for
the Personal Trainer Certificate Program including:
- Group Exercise Instruction
- Muscular Resistance Training/Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Athletic Training
- Fitness Assessment and Program Design
- First Aid/AED/CPR
- Nutrition of Health and Fitness
2. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and
services within the college to determine placements, curriculum,
and academic support.
3. Be willing to teach online and/or blended courses.
4. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
5. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
6. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet
United Adjuncts Coalition contract.
1. Master’s Degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Athletic
Training or a closely related field is required.
2. One (1) year of teaching experience at the collegiate
3. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective
working relationships with other members of the college and
community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional
4 . Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect
and inclusion, sustainability, integrity, collaboration, humor and
well-being, innovation, and quality.
1. Doctoral Degree in Kinesiology, or closely related field is
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
4. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management
5. Verbal and written communication proficiency.
6. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
7. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from
Normal classroom and laboratory physical demands.
Classroom and laboratory teaching environment.
PRIORITY CONSIDERATION DATE
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.