Associate Director of Admissions
Reports to: Dean of Enrollment Management
Position Type: Full-time, 12-month exempt position with benefits
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
This position will be accountable for contributing to the overall enrollment goals of Menlo College. The Associate Director of Admissions manages the day-to-day operations of the Admissions department, is the direct supervisor for all admissions counselors, and is responsible for the direct recruitment of an assigned territory. This position will focus not only on recruiting, but on training, coaching, and mentoring. Additionally, time will be invested into data analysis for proper strategic sales planning to meet assigned admissions goals. Responsible for the overall success of the department, the Associate Director of Admissions will ensure that enrollment goals are met, and that admissions policies and procedures are followed. Furthermore, the Associate Director of Admissions will align the admissions team for ongoing success. The description of responsibilities below is intended to be a descriptive but not necessarily all-inclusive list.
● Develop a comprehensive admissions team and organization, assess the formal admissions process, and oversee the daily operation of the admissions team; ensure that the morale of the department is positive and take necessary steps to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
● Assist the Dean with all aspects of admissions planning and office management, with one or more key areas of administrative responsibility, such as, but not limited to: staff and personnel recruitment of interviewing, hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation; development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of operating policies, procedures, forms, and department systems; compiling of data and preparation for various regular and special administrative reports.
● Research, plan and organize admissions staff travel schedule.
● Manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive visit and yield event program.
● Represent the College as a student recruiter. Responsible for the direct recruitment of an assigned territory.
● Review prospective students' applications and recommend action.
● Analyze weekly enrollment reports to set strategic and tactical recruiting initiatives to meet assigned admissions goals.
● Collaborate with the Dean of Enrollment to develop the admissions strategy and establish admissions targets in line with overall recruitment goals and objectives.
● Evaluate market trends regarding college/university selection; establish critical metrics; determine customer-service (student prospect-applicant) strategies; and manage human and financial resources in an effective and efficient manner.
● Ensure that best practices are implemented, and that policies and procedures are followed.
● Assist with enrollment forecasting using empirical content/data (demographics and economic/behavioral trends) as predictors of success. Provide meaningful benchmarking.
● Assist in the development and implementation of a financial aid program that effectively leverages merit or need-based student aid to fulfill the school’s mission and overall net revenue, and work collaboratively with the Director of Financial Aid and Dean of Enrollment to allocate tuition discounting.
● Maintain outreach to feeder schools to foster ongoing relationships; seek new markets.
● Oversee the training of the admissions staff/verify that all admissions counselors are properly trained and take steps to improve the levels of proficiency; retrain and provide training as needed; including training on the ability to provide general financial aid counseling for prospective students.
● Oversee prospective student and applicant counseling, and be prepared to provide admissions counseling to prospective students, applicants, and parents as necessary.
● Manage admissions counselors and scheduled meetings to meet overall activity and enrollment metrics and communicate enrollment goals and the needs of the admissions department to the Dean of Enrollment.
● Participate in institution-wide committees and task forces as needed.
● Complete other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Three to five years progressive college admissions experience.
● Two to three years of successful management/supervision experience.
● Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
● Work experience in utilizing and troubleshooting technology systems, multi-tasking, and project management.
● Flexibility to attend periodic evening and/or weekend planned events.
● High degree of integrity and respect for confidentiality.
● High degree of knowledge and understanding of, and passion for higher education.
● Knowledge of Salesforce and PowerFaids, Common Application strongly preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
● Demonstrated strong listening, written and oral communication skills in a team-oriented environment.
About Menlo College
Menlo College is a diverse and tight-knit community of exceptional, involved people. Our mission is to: “…ignite potential and educate students to make meaningful contributions in the innovation economy.” We attract students from all over the world who are committed to learning, playing intercollegiate sports, starting, and leading organizations, and making an impact in their communities.
Continuing an unbroken streak for more than a decade, Menlo College was named to The Princeton Review “2021 Best Colleges” list, recognition given to only 12% of all colleges and universities in the U.S. In 2020, Menlo College was also ranked #11 in Money for Best Business Colleges in the U.S. Menlo College is designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American and Native American, Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI). Only 1% of all colleges and universities in the U.S. achieve this dual recognition.
Our campus is located 30 miles south of San Francisco, in Silicon Valley – one of the world’s most entrepreneurial and innovative locations. Silicon Valley is renowned as an innovation incubator with exceptional opportunities for experience-based learning.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1000 El Camino Real, Atherton, CA 94027-4301
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Menlo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity. All prospective Menlo College employees are required to satisfy a background check, as well as clearance annually for the operation of a motor vehicle on behalf of Menlo College. As we are an in-person campus, we require proof of full vaccination and a booster or approved exemptions for COVID-19