West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 10/5/2022
The District Health Services is seeking a talented individual to
fill the position of Registered Nurse.
The purpose of this position is to provide routine nursing services
and first aid and emergency care as needed for students and staff
on a community college campus; respond to emergency situations on
campus as needed; and to maintain manual and electronic health
West Valley College, located in the City of Saratoga, just minutes
from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like
setting and wooded acres. Mission College, located in the City of
Santa Clara, heart of Silicon Valley, is a beautiful, modern, urban
campus. Both West Valley College and Mission College are known for
the strength of their academic programs, faculty and staff, as well
as, our equity- minded a d student-focused approach that combines
high-tech and high-touch services.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences
to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally
diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 11 months per year, with
anticipated start date of November 16, 2022. Schedule may change to
include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is
a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees
Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services
Work Location: West Valley and Mission College
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:$9,708 -$10,646 monthly (WVMCEA Salary
Schedule, Range 81, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee,
spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid
non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases
step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and
$1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the
required knowledge and
abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required
knowledge and abilities would be:
- Two years of responsible nursing experience.
- Equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an
accredited college or university with major coursework in nursing
or a related field.
License and Certificate
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, license as a Registered
Nurse in the State of California.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, current, valid CPR
certification from the American Heart Association.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit
our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Provide professional nursing care based on medical, physical
and emotional needs assessment of individuals.
- Provide first aid and emergency care when needed; respond to
emergency situations on campus as needed, request additional
emergency services as may be necessary.
- Assist physician during appointment hours; perform
- Provide students with health information in a variety of areas;
assist with coordination of presentations by outside agencies on a
variety of health care topics.
- Initiate and maintain student health care records, both manual
- Perform clinical procedures including venipuncture,
administration of vaccines, and preventative screenings.
- Maintain inventory of appropriate clinic supplies; order new
supplies as appropriate.
- Assist in establishing clinic policies and procedures; promote
and participate in health care events and activities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with
co-workers, other district employees, and the public using
principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity,
trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility,
cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to
complete the application, testing or interview process, please
contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal