Part-Time Graphic Designer, College Relations
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Design & Graphic Arts, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus)
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Established in 2012, Lone Star College-University Park has been recognized nationally and internationally for its innovation, as well as its focus on student access and success. Conveniently located off SH 249 in the heart of northwest Houston, Lone Star College-University Park is known as the "community's college," providing students with highly affordable degree and certificate programs that transfer seamlessly to four-year universities or lead to direct employment. Campus facilities include the Center for Science & Innovation, the Energy & Manufacturing Institute, Learning Innovation Labs and the Geology Rock Wall. Dr. Shah Ardalan has been president of LSC-University Park since its founding.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Graphic Designer designs and creates graphics that adhere to LSC’s brand and standard, and meet the needs of the customer. He or She uses a variety of tools and mediums to create artistic or decorative products and visual solutions for communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Guide student workers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for keeping the advertising materials current on campus wide and external locations.
- Meet with creative services manager for direction and develop layouts for assignments based on customer needs.
- Design graphics for assigned projects, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, newsletters, handbooks, maps, posters, newspaper and magazine ads for digital/print internal and external advertisements, and non-standard or unique projects (point of display, signage and vinyl wrap graphics).
- Create draft layouts using traditional sketches and computer software for customer review and selection including color, type, illustration, photography, animation and layout techniques.
- Manipulate and optimize final graphic materials and make available to print vendors and content editors for print, production or online marketing.
- Produce original art for logos and illustrations from sketched concepts to digital designs through the use the Adobe Creative Suite computer software.
- Consult with the creative services manager and prepare quotes, bid specifications, contracts and coordinate services with specialty vendors, printers, mail houses, and other out-sourced services relating to marketing, advertising and publications, and oversee their work.
- Coordinate the distribution of print materials and quality control campus wide and at external locations.
- Plan, schedule and execute photography sessions as needed per project/assignment.
- Set up photography studio and equipment as needed. Photograph special events or activities happening on campus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher
- Knowledge of professional printing processes, pre-press production, printing techniques, paper selection, coating, etc.
- Knowledge of PC's (Microsoft Office) and MACs and related graphic design software
- Knowledge of a variety of design software and tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, DreamWeaver, HTML, Constant contact, etc...
- Flexibility with prioritizing deadlines and managing expectations
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Knowledge of general layout principles and basic aesthetic design concepts
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and acquire new skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $18.20.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert