at CU Boulder encourages applications
for Custodial Staff!
These positions exist to clean and
sanitize facilities for students, staff, faculty and customers on
the Boulder Campus.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
(FM) is responsible for the overall
physical development and maintenance of the campus. The mission of
the department is to provide a safe physical environment that
promotes the advancement and transfer of knowledge.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Team Cleaning Program
Snow & Ice Removal
- Notifies supervisor or lead worker of safety incidents, near
misses and all potential hazards.
- Maintains safe work practices, participates In department
safety meetings and completes all assigned trainings
Specialty & Emergency Work
- Remove all snow and ice as vital from walks and stairs.
- Apply de-icer as needed in order to keep the entry open and
- Emergency Response – perform initial emergency clean up, pick
up water or debris then extract carpeted floors and upholstered
furniture with disinfectant.
- Clean upholstery by hand or with extractor as scheduled.
- Move or assist in the moving of heavy furniture in compliance
with FM and Risk Management policies.
- Perform emergency cleaning, water pick-ups as needed.
- Participate in the “Eyes and Ears Program” of the University to
help promote safety at the university. The position will serve on
"Emergency Response Teams" as needed.
What You Should Know
- Clean and perform minor maintenance on all custodial equipment
to keep it in accurate working order.
- Report all equipment needing repairs to the Team Supervisor.
Empty and clean all vacuums, auto scrubbers, buckets and hydro- and
- Keep workstations clean and well stocked with supplies and
materials needed to perform the work in the assigned area.
- Maintain the custodial workstation in a safe manner, add water
to floor drains as needed, report updates to building floor plans
What We Can Offer
- The shifts for this position are 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM, Monday -
Thursday and 1:30 PM – 10:00 PM Friday OR Monday - Friday 4:30 am -
- This is not a remote position.
- This position is eligible for our Facilities Management Employee Referral
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- Depending on qualifications, we are hiring for both LTC
Custodial I Trainee and Custodian I vacancies!
- LTC starting hourly rate is $15.00
- Custodian I will start at $15.91
- Please note: The evening shift pays a 7.5% shift
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be effective. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- LTC Trainee I - Six months of previous work experience.
- Custodian I - Six months of experience in an occupational field
related to the work assigned to the position.
- Must be a Colorado resident to apply.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full
time or part time work.
- Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us
how your background and experience align with the requirements,
qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points
within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would
like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for
preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this
posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy
to Recruiting@Colorado.Edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and
reference the job to which you are applying.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by September 30, 2022,
: Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: