Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Online Adjunct Professor of Psychology
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
An online adjunct for the Department of Psychology is responsible
for the administration, facilitation, and teaching of online
classes. Qualified adjuncts instruct courses in undergraduate,
graduate, and/or doctoral psychology programs. In addition to
psychology, undergraduate course subjects include Christian
counseling, crisis counseling, life coaching, and sociology. Those
considered for graduate and/or doctoral psychology may also be
considered for mentoring doctoral candidates in dissertation
Instructional and administrative duties include grading, moderating
interactive forums, roster verification, weekly written and video
announcements, responding to student emails, academic and
professional mentorship, and building relationships while under the
supervision of Online Instructional Mentors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with
assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Maintain productive contact with students and offer assistance
to students as needed.
- Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance,
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance
with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Psychology or related field.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting
agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Understand and articulate discipline from a biblical
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to convey
- Ability to effectively collaborate remotely.
- Adequate interpersonal, customer service, and presentation
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills that facilitate the completion of
assignments and tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and online Learning
- Familiarity with video conferencing platforms.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required
by state or accrediting commissions.
- Doctorate in Psychology or related field and qualified to teach
or mentor in one or more of the following areas: research,
statistics, industrial/organizational psychology, physiological
psychology, social psychology, developmental psychology,
neuropsychology, cognitive psychology, and tests and
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching & mentoring.
- Experience teaching and/or mentoring students in an online
- Experience mentoring doctoral dissertation students in
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office suite and online
Learning Management Systems.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required
during this stage of the application process, official transcripts
for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be
required should the department select you for an
In the references section of the application, please submit the
names of two professional references and one pastoral reference.
Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at FacultyHiring@liberty.edu
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Cover Letter
- Career Mobility Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).