Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Online Adjunct Professor of Counseling
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
An online adjunct for the Department of Counselor Education &
Family Studies is responsible for the administration, facilitation,
and teaching of online classes. Qualified adjuncts instruct
graduate courses in the fields of Clinical Mental Health
Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Addiction Counseling and
Instructional and administrative duties include grading, moderating
interactive forums, roster verification, weekly written and video
announcements, responding to student emails, academic and
professional mentorship, and building relationships while under the
supervision of Online Instructional Mentors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with
assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Maintain productive contact with students and offer assistance
to students as needed.
- Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance,
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance
with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in counseling or related field.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting
agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Professional or clinical counseling experience.
- Candidates will demonstrate a knowledge and application of
current trends and practices in counseling.
- Understand and articulate discipline from a biblical
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to convey
- Ability to effectively collaborate remotely.
- Adequate interpersonal, customer service, and presentation
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills that facilitate the completion of
assignments and tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and online Learning
- Familiarity with video conferencing platforms.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required
by state or accrediting commissions.
- Doctoral degree in counselor education or related field from a
CACREP accredited program.
- Candidates should have some experience teaching in higher
education with preference given to those who have taught in the
- State board licensure in counseling specialty ( NCC, LPC, LPSC,
LMFT or equivalent).
- Experience in supervising practicum and internship counselor
education students at the graduate level.
- A strong professional identity as a counselor will be
demonstrated through advanced credentialing, presentations,
publications, and service to the profession.
- Collaborative and positive disposition.
- Strong ability to articulate worldview and integration
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office suite and online
Learning Management Systems.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required
during this stage of the application process, official transcripts
for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be
required should the department select you for an
In the references section of the application, please submit the
names of two professional references and one pastoral reference.
Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at FacultyHiring@liberty.edu
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Cover Letter
- Career Mobility Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).