A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-ASDOH) invites applications for a full time, exempt
Faculty Dental Hygienist on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Faculty
Dental Hygienist will Conduct patient care, teaching, scholarly and
service activities in support of the mission, goals and objectives
of the School and University with primary responsibility to
facilitate the students’ clinical experience from foundational
knowledge and clinical skills to demonstrating competency in
patient-centered care that integrates biomedical, behavioral and
The expectation is that 7-9 hygiene patients will be seen on a
daily basis to provide hygiene- dentist interaction for the
- General – Promote an atmosphere of respect, collegiality,
commitment to diversity and social justice, and humanistic learning
- General – Provide coverage in the Radiology department
acquiring images and teaching practices to the students.
- General – Conduct patient care, teaching, scholarship, service
and in support of the mission and goals of ASDOH and ATSU.
- Teaching – Provide direct patient care and clinical supervision
as a dental hygienist in the CCUs or other ASDOH clinics;
effectively carry out lecture, teaching Radiology Labs, seminar,
preclinical and clinical assignments as assigned.
- Service – Participate in committees, faculty governance,
professional societies and associations, and community events.
- Scholarship - As workload allows, establish and maintain
activity in area of expertise.
- Covering Radiology department and acquiring images and teaching
practices to the students.
- Deliver direct dental hygiene services and patient care to
patients in the ASDOH clinics.
- Coordinate care with CCUs and Assistant/Associate Dean for
Clinic Operations to implement a periodontal maintenance program to
support ASDOH Predoctoral patients.
- Interacting with the students while performing hygiene duties
and simulation of the office practice setting
- Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene
- Knowledge of:
- Non-surgical periodontal instruments, instrumentation and
- Periodontal anatomy and physiology
- Parameters for periodontal surgical referral
- Minimum two year experience in the provision of dental hygiene
- Valid Arizona dental hygiene and local anesthesia license
- Must be highly skilled in dental hygiene and patient care
- Team oriented, strong mentoring, and personable
- Academic experience in clinical education preferred