Reporting to the Associate Director of Business and Procurement
Services, theSeniorContract Administrator
multiple and various types of vendor applications, contracts, Bids,
Request for Proposal (RFP) submittal forms, business viability and
solvency documents, and other related documents to ensure
administrative compliance by vendors with the criteria established
by City Colleges of Chicago.
compliance with CCC’s Minority and Women Business Enterprise
(M/WBE) Commitment Plan, prevailing wage regulations and other
applicable requirements. Performs related duties as required.
- Monitors businesses and firms that are actively participating
in City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) procurement contracts for goods
- Reviews Bid/RFP solicitations, vendor bids/proposals, and other
submissions to ensure the proper application of procurement rules
- Reviews vendor documentation for ownership verification,
financial analyses, and background checks.
- Develops and implements a system for tracking, measuring and
evaluating vendor performance.
- Provides regular reports on vendors through updates and
analysis of procurement activities. Identifies vendor operations
that may negatively impact CCC operations and provides
recommendations for resolution.
- Provides expertise and assistance to vendors and CCC
departmental staff to facilitate understanding and awareness of
CCC’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Participates in workshops, seminars, outreach and networking
- Participates in pre-bid/pre-submittal conferences.
- Takes a lead role in proposing process improvements and assists
Associate Director in drafting standards procedures
- Works with the Associate Director and departments and colleges
in providing yearly plans for purchases of goods, equipment and
- Interprets and explains the guidelines of the vendor
application process for inclusion in the M/WBE program and
- Reviews M/WBE documents submitted by vendors to ensure
compliance with the M/WBE Plan.
- Assists college administrators in identifying certified M/WBE
vendors to provide goods or services as a prime or
- Assists vendors by addressing question regarding the reporting
of monthly compliance audits, including reporting via the Contract
Reporting system, B2Gnow.
- Assists in conducting close-out audits to evaluate overall
compliance and provide periodic reports on CCC’s purchasing with
- Investigates complaints and allegation of M/WBE non-compliance.
Conducts dispute resolution for M/WBE compliance issues; prepares
detailed summaries and reports.
- Reviews certified payrolls and invoices to ensure compliance
with prevailing rate regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate Director- Business and Procurement Services
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Four years of experience in management, procurement or
purchasing with a focus on the development, negotiation and
administration of contracts
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into
consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- Preference will be given to candidates possessing four (4)
years or more of work experience in procurement and/or experience
in higher education and/or public sector
- Experience preparing, drafting, or reviewing Requests for
Proposals/Requests for Qualifications preferred
- Experience overseeing selection committees or processes
- Project management experience or experience working as a team
- Experience giving oral presentations preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and innovative
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 ERP Solution or other ERP systems
- Knowledge of construction project management and diversity
compliance software preferred
- Knowledge of Board of Trustees policies relating to procurement
and M/WBE preferred
- Knowledge of Contracts Lifecycle Management solutions and
- Knowledge of best practices in contract administration
- Knowledge of supplier diversity programs
- Ability to interpret and apply contractual requirements
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with others at different levels
of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
The intent of this job description is to provide a general
description of the duties and responsibilities of this position. It
is not intended to be an exhaustive set of the duties and
responsibilities, nor all of the necessary qualifications to
perform the work.