Director of Campus Technology Services
Academic Affairs, Division of
Campus Technology Services
Staff & Administration
$104,000 - $114,000
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
This position directs and manages Campus Technology Services’
operations, finances, projects, and personnel. The position
provides vision and leadership for computing labs, classroom
technologies, desktop computing, media services, technology support
and training services. This position collaborates with internal
staff, IR colleagues, and campus users across the University. This
position manages software and hardware contracts and licensing for
the college. Additionally, it serves as the primary IR liaison to
Facilities Planning, Design and Construction on projects and
- Responsible for the effective management of assigned staff
which includes, but is not limited to, leading, managing,
supervising, and developing employees in a manner that is most
appropriate to each individual and consistent with respective
Bargaining Agreements and College policies and procedures.
Collaborate with the human resources office to resolve and address
issues or concerns regarding employee performance, misconduct, or
other personnel related concerns.
- Responsible for hiring and/or making recommendations for
renewal or permanent appointment as appropriate. Develop and
discuss performance programs and conduct performance evaluations in
a timely manner consistent with the employee’s respective
Bargaining Agreement and College policy and procedure.
- Financial Management – Plan, manage and administer Campus
Technology Services budgets and facilities.
- Operations Management – plan and manage the ongoing operations
of Campus Technology Services. Develop and manage project plans and
work with other departments appropriately.
- Provide vision and leadership in designing, planning and
implementing computing labs, classroom technologies, media services
and technology support for the campus. Remain current with industry
and security standards and develop ideas for proposals for
continuous quality improvements.
- Supervise Technology Training Program for staff. This service
provides beginner, intermediate and advanced training to faculty
and staff on Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe products, etc.
Occasionally, this program assists with the rollout of new
technologies by providing user end training. Ensure that campus
training needs are met through campus surveys and assessments.
Collaborate with the Technology Training Coordinator to create a
curriculum and ensure that workshops are taught by qualified
- Liaison to Facilities Planning, Design and Construction Office
– main Information Resources liaison to Facilities Planning.
Represents all IR units on facilities projects that involve
technology hardware changes/additions/moves. Partners with
Facilities’ designers, project managers, contractors, users and the
other IR Directors to plan and design appropriate technology
hardware/software for academic and administrative users in new and
remodeled spaces. Manages the technology procurement, installation
and moves for these projects. Serves on the Instructional Spaces
Committee to ensure classrooms are properly equipped.
- Contract and Vendor Negotiations – Work with hardware and
software vendors to secure appropriate pricing, services and
contracts. Create competition and build vendor relationships to
secure best price and strong long-term performance.
- Consult with end-user departments and as well as internal staff
to plan and implement solutions for the technology needs of the
- Strategic Planning – Provide vision and leadership in
developing and maintaining a sound strategic plan for Campus
Technology Services, that follows the goals and mission of
Information Resources and that of the college.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- Reports to the Associate Provost of Information Resources
- Provides direct supervision to two Associate Directors (SL5),
Technology Training Coordinator (SL3), Administrative Assistant I
- When fully staffed, CTS has 21 employees and additional student
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven years of relevant information technology experience in IT
operations, helpdesk, or audio-video technology support
- Demonstrated progressive leadership positions
- Evidence of broad technical knowledge with the ability to
demonstrate this thorough knowledge and understanding of current
computing and emerging technologies
- Experience with IT strategic planning, budgeting, policy
development, and personnel management
- Evidence of customer service orientation and the ability to
develop effective working relationships with administrators,
faculty, staff, and students
- Proven excellent listening, presentation, oral and written
- Demonstrated commitment to a collaborative work environment and
team building in a diverse workplace
- Master’s degree in information technology or related field
- Experience working in higher education or similarly complex
environment with Information Technology responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the methods and practices by which
technology supports the teaching/learning in academic and/or
administrative computing environments.
- Proven experience and skill in negotiating with vendors,
contractors, and others
- Evidence of understanding of accessibility related to IT
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with
Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The university actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the university.
Job Close Date
Posting Detail Information
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Please, share your understanding of diversity, equity, and
inclusion and briefly describe your commitment to treating others,
at all levels of the organization with fairness and respect.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * What is the highest earned degree that you possess? Please
include the degree program.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)