Salary for Announcement
The salary range for this position is $54,900 – $60,000. The salary
of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a
variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity,
experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting.
Assistant Director of Admissions Systems and Data
Full Time Professional Staff
The Assistant Director of Admissions Systems & Data is part of
the Admissions Operations team that is responsible for data
ownership, system security, and data-related policies and
procedures. This position is also responsible for the development,
testing, implementation, maintenance, and administration of
admissions processes and data reporting to support enrollment
objects and goals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
serving as a CRM administrator, querying, validating, and analyzing
admissions data, supporting operational processes throughout the
admission cycle from prospect to enrollment, assisting with
creation of workflows, managing user security settings, and
providing application and portal/web support.
The Assistant Director plays a strategic role in linking the
development, testing, and integration of data and database
architecture to the admissions team’s strategic needs and goals.
This position supervises the Admissions Data & Operations
Analyst and reports to the Associate Director of Admissions Systems
& CRM . The Assistant Director will utilize SQL, MS Access,
Slate (our admissions CRM system), and other data reporting tools
to assist with generation of recurring and ad-hoc reports and data
validation prior to dissemination. The Associate Director will work
closely with various campus peers to ensure seamless transition of
accurate data both internally and externally via SFTP .
In collaboration with Admissions Operations leadership, this
position will work collaboratively with other university
departments to assist with leading the management, administration,
and deployment of undergraduate admissions information technology
Systems Integration Management (40%)
Record Management & Data Integrity (30%)
- Serve as primary partner with Information Technology Services
to improve, maintain and expand data integration between Slate and
the student information system.
- Support all aspects of prospective student enrollment
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures
involving electronic information systems to improve student
recruitment efforts across the institution
- Create, configure, and maintain file exchanges and data
integration across various systems (e.g. Slate, Banner, Enterprise
- Set up automated student data imports and exports through SFTP
- Develop and maintain student and staff portals
- Perform software testing, maintenance, enhancements, and
configurations necessary to ensure reliable business workflow in
- Identify inefficiencies and improve existing CRM and student
information system configurations; improvements include but are not
limited to creation of custom SQL code
- Troubleshoot issues that come from automated admissions data
- Provide integration support for data needs, including SFTP
setup as necessary, for external vendors (e.g. ACT, College Board,
CAS Applications, Common Application).
- Create and maintain documentation of all system configurations,
integrations, and training materials.
Analytics & Reporting (25%)
- Responsible for importing, exporting, and updating record data
in the CRM and ensure the highest level of accuracy and consistency
is maintained within Slate, Banner, and other systems (including
document imaging software).
- Ensure accurate management of consolidating records.
- Assist Admissions Data Analyst with development and management
of data integrity queries, quality assurance reports, and audit
- Analyze, map, and import data to the CRM from sources including
but not limited to recruitment travel, Common App, external
vendors, and other offices.
- Establish and enforce data collection and data integrity
standards while adhering to the University data definitions.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
- Create reports, including those involving custom SQL, as needed
to support the University new student enrollment goals.
- Build admissions reports through various tools such as Tableau,
Excel, MS Access and/or Slate Reports.
- Manage recruitment and admissions custom reporting through the
- Represent the Office of Admissions at various data
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes
clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they
meet all required qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited
- Two years of technical experience with a complex CRM relational
database, preferably Technolutions Slate, including SFTP setup
- Experience querying and analyzing data through various
platforms such as Cognos, MS Access, Oracle SQL Developer or an
Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Data analysis presentation experience through Tableau or other
data analysis platforms
- Proficient with MS Office
- Prior supervising experience
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
Management or related discipline from an accredited institution OR
other graduate degree with extensive computer science or
information systems management experience
- Two years of experience with a student information system (e.g.
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and
data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file
structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data
into finished products.
- Ability to track multiple projects, set priorities, and meet
deadlines with frequently changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience with compliance with established
guidelines, policies, and procedures
M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, some weekend work required for biannual Open
House. This position offers a hybrid (on-campus and remote) work
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system,
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work
environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our
employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more
information on our employee affinity groups please visit this