Workforce Success Coach- Child Development
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 12, 2022
Workforce Success Coach- Child Development
Harold Washington College
Our Center of Excellence in Business focuses on business, entrepreneurship, and professional services and it is guided by our principles of quality, innovation, partnerships, access, and equity. Harold Washington College is currently seeking a f ull-timeWorkforce Success Coach. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Careers & Continuing Education, the Workforce Success Coach is responsible for monitoring and supporting students’ success throughout their apprenticeship/workforce programs by determining external readiness factors and intervening as appropriate.
The Workforce Success Coach assists with the development of response protocols for specific barriers to employment, as well as with the recruitment/screening of students for apprenticeship and workforce programs. This role includes direct case management support of students, building internal program capacity for support services, and expanding access to external resources for delivering resources and related social services supports. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working in support of students, consider joining our team.
- Collaborates with the Advising Care Team and faculty to address key student concerns with the goal of fully integrating career education and experiential learning into the academic experience.
- Works with department leadership to establish processes and procedures for collaboration with academic departments, academic advisors, and/or targeted student populations.
- Assists with the screening and orientation of prospective workforce program participants. Conducts one-on-one interviews and assessments of prospective students
- Collaborates with the college teams and employer partners throughout the admissions process to identify prospects who will participate in the various workforce programs.
- Conducts Onboarding Student Support plan interviews for students enrolled in workforce programs.
- Works with the Admissions and the Coordinator of Workforce Partnerships to address student specific on-boarding support plan needs with appropriate referrals (e.g. development of intervention plans and knowledge transfer).
- Attends regular meetings with college teams, external program partners to discuss the progress of apprentices/interns, and to develop interventions and direction, as appropriate.
- Builds new/enhances existing partnership relationships with community-based organizations, campus departments and social service agencies around mental health, housing, pregnancy/parenting, financial services, family issues, substance abuse, etc. so that they are available to students as needed.
- Conducts a needs assessment to further understand the needs and trends of students to inform the partnership development work.
- Builds internal system/processes to continually assess, maintain and further develop partnerships.
- Makes quarterly recommendations to HW Leadership and the employer partners to strengthen partnerships for student support services offered onsite and off-site.
- Responsible for the coordination of mentoring and professional development activities related to apprenticeship and workforce programs.
- Identifies services for reoccurring student needs that can be accessed and/or provide direct services through scheduled on-site presentations via community partnerships.
- Develops and maintains a “service plan” and records for students who need case management services. Responsible for the overall case management and tracking of students enrolled in apprenticeship programs.
- Documents interactions, case management work and referrals with students/apprentices into a database system.
- Creates an initial Individual Career Success Plan for students enrolled in workforce programs.
- Builds relationships with students through individual career coaching sessions and weekly drop-in career advising sessions. Provide one-on-one check-ins and support as needed and appropriate for students through the different phases in the program
- Provides guidance in the areas of individual assessment, career-planning, and development and employment strategies for students.
- Prepares reports and key assessment data regarding results and outcomes. Compares outcomes over time and by program. Establishes and maintains tracking and reporting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Services, or a closely related field.
- At least two years of workforce development and/or case management experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and students at the college
- Ability to work well as a team player
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work with and relate to a culturally diverse student body, faculty and staff
- Ability to work effectively with different levels of staff within the organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Harold Washington College, located at 30 East Lake Street in Chicago's Loop, is a student-centered institution that empowers all members of its community through accessible and affordable academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment. At HWC, employees contribute to the success of our students while enjoying competitive compensation and outstanding benefits packages. Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure more students complete their curricula - college-ready, career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals. This is an exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), District 508, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest in the nation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert