Position's Functional Title
Advancement Services Leader
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
This position is responsible for the operations of Advancement
Services, which includes the data base and progress towards
fundraising, alumni relations, and stakeholders; in relationship
with the Institutional Advancement Team and GSU Foundation
coordinates the Foundation’s audit response in conjunction with
financial services; supervises a professional team of database
analysis, gift entry, donation acknowledgement, cultivation and
stewardship, accounting, and computer systems staff.
35_% Leads in finding prospects, for cultivation, stewardship;
data mines for alumni and other related stakeholders for engagement
and opportunities, establishes practices that automate stakeholder
engagement such as birthday recognition, reunion year awareness,
and program recognition communication.
20_% Serves as primary liaison to Institutional Advancement;
Provides complex data analysis, cultivation strategy, statistical
reports for Foundation Board meetings; Works with Vice
President/ CEO to monitor Foundation assets; Oversees funds
allocation to appropriate accounts, initiates new accounts;
Monitors IRS regulations as they pertain to gift acceptance,
processing and acknowledgement and to 501 © (3) organizational
operations; Administers Foundation annual reporting obligations for
audit, endowed accounts, scholarships, fundraising activities and
20_% Oversees operations, administration, systems, and policy
development, including Slate database and Scholarship Universe,
training and management of personnel working with these databases
to use them to fullest levels of functionality. Oversees
maintenance of constituent records, growing organizational capacity
for prospect research and development through regular data audits,
development of queries, assessment, creation and documentation of
business operations and process flows; Pro-actively identifies
areas for improvement and functional gaps in existing systems.
Communicates initiatives, organizational directives, and
information; develops goals and monitors performance through timely
10_% Manages system contracts and provides recommendations
regarding terms of renewal; Leads the development and maintenance
of all Institutional Advancement, GSU Foundation, and Alumni
Association paper and digital giving mechanisms. This primarily
involves supervision of Stripe and/or TouchNet, and/or any platform
for online communications and processing of online
donations/payments. Manages import data and reconciliation of
third-party fundraising platforms as needed, develops plans, and
manages data migration, determines data to be migrated and manages
10% Acts as a Project Manager and leadership with
planning, assigning, and reviewing work activities, events, as well
as reporting progress. Trains staff on proper functionality of
database software; Provides technical advice to management of
complex or controversial accounting issues related to funds.
Ensures appropriate accounting of fund balances, donations
recording and reconciliation .
% Performs other related duties as assigned by the
Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Other Responsibilities may include
• Identify and/or write grants for funding.
• Assist each College liaison in engaging their alumni.
• Support Advancement and Institutional wide events and
• Participate in commencement and other activities to promote the
alumni association and University pride.
• Manage remote working employees.
• Strong writer with the ability to translate analytical details in
• Ability to conduct research on individuals and entities to find
opportunities for engagement.
• Ability to develop professional relationships and engage
collaboratively within and out of the university.
• Exercises strong judgement and judicial with confidential
• Ability to work within a budget.
• Maintain the University’s professional reputation.
This position will supervise three (3) staff members and may
supervise student workers and volunteers.
This job operates in a professional office environment; and no
hazardous conditions exist.
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
• Sitting for extended hours in front of a computer screen.
• Ability to lift to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Length of Lunchtime
Position type: Full-time
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Communications, Computer Science,
English, and/or related field.
• An experienced project manager including database
• Five plus (S+) years’ experience in managing people.
• Professional work experience in relation to
Additional Preferred Education, Experience, Skills
• Master’s degree
• Experience working in an educational environment.
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Review of
materials will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled. For full consideration submit complete
application and supporting materials by October 15, 2022.
- Please include a list of at least three (3) professional
references with current contact information.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Cover Letter
- List of Three Professional References
- Writing/Media Samples