COSINC is looking to hire a highly motivated Senior Professional
Research Assistant (Facility Manager) to be part of a
cross-functional team to assist mainly in the cleanroom facility
operations and also, contribute to the material characterization
facility as well. This position provides opportunities to interact
with a growing and diverse user base (from CU system, local
companies and federal labs) and make contributions to our cleanroom
operations, instrumentation maintenance and user-training so that
our services are offered at the highest possible standards. This is
an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, work in new
facilities and make impactful contributions in enabling a wide
range of research areas at CU.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Colorado Shared Instrumentation in Nanofabrication and
Characterization (COSINC), within the College of Engineering and
Applied Science, is a multidisciplinary core research campus
facility and service center that provides access to
state-of-the-art equipment in the areas of micro and
nanofabrication, nanomaterials characterization and offers
expertise and advanced hands-on training in the same related areas.
It is an open-research facility serving the academic, industrial
and governmental researchers across campus and beyond. A recently
built COSINC’s material characterization facility is now in
operations and a new ISO 5/6 cleanroom will be operational in the
fall, that will be equipped with a wide range of instrumentation
ranging from etchers, thin-film deposition systems, lithography,
mask making tools to wet-processing capabilities and sample
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Carry out maintenance, calibration, repairs, trouble shooting
of various pieces of equipment such as mask aligners, laser mask
writers, thin-film evaporators and coating tools, reactive-ion
etchers, spinners and wet-benches.
- Assist in the maintenance of scanning electron microscopes and
focus-ion beam instruments.
- Oversee maintenance of vacuum pumps and cleanroom
- Train and onboard users on various instrumentation.
- Development of standard operating procedures on various
- Development of micro/nanofabrication processes, including novel
- Operate facility instrumentation, evaluate data quality, and
- Liaise with tools vendors to trouble-shoot technical
- Oversee and manage lab consumables/supplies inventory and
- Upload and manage resources on the facility resource scheduler
- Maintain clear and accurate documentation of the protocols,
instrumentation logs, and/or data collected by the facility.
- Assist with administrative duties necessary for a
fee-for-service facility operation such as collecting and/or
entering facility billing data.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply
with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
What We Can Offer
The annual salary is $80,000 - $90,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be innovative. Be resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic,
Physics, Material Science or Chemistry.
- Minimum of five years of cleanroom, cleanroom equipment and
fabrication process experience in an ISO 5/6 Clean Room
- Experience in photo and electron beam lithography techniques,
physical vapor deposition, thin-film technology, scanning electron
and optical microscopy, focus ion beam imaging techniques.
- Maintenance experience on scanning electron microscopes,
including dual-beam focus-ion beam systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in trouble-shooting mechanical,
electrical/electronic systems and complex instrumentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of vacuum pumps maintenance and
- Excellent working experience on computers, CAD design and
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent verbal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with users with
diverse academic/professional backgrounds.
- Proficient in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Physics,
Material Science or Chemistry.
- Keen interests and passion in micro/nanofabrication related
areas, including material characterization techniques.
- Desire to constantly improve facility-user experience and
service to users.
- Desire to engage and work with industry users.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
The selected finalist will be required to provide two letters of
recommendation. During the application process you will need to
enter contact information for two recent references who will be
contacted to provide letters of recommendation as the search
Please apply by October 11, 2022 for full consideration.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: