The Housing Facilities Services (HFS)
department at the
University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for the
position! Our Custodial Team is critical for
ensuring that all HFS-related facilities are maintained to the
highest standard of cleanliness, functionality, and customer
The position will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness in
high traffic areas and facilities throughout the CU Boulder Campus,
and will interact with students, faculty, staff and guests on a
This position is eligible for the following benefits: EcoPass
transportation services; 22 vacation days; access to medical,
dental, vision, and life insurance; on-campus childcare; a 10%
employer contribution retirement plan, and more!
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Housing Facilities Services (HFS)
is a comprehensive
facility management operation that provides around-the-clock
support to over 10,000 residents and 20,000 conference guests
annually. Services include maintenance, repair, renovation, project
management, capital construction, housekeeping, and grounds-keeping
operations. HFS has approximately 190 full-time employees, as well
as approximately 80 part-time and student staff, who all strive to
give residents the best living experience possible.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Daily Responsibilities Overview
Snow & Ice Removal
- Use backpack vacuum to thoroughly clean all floor surfaces and
stairwells, including entryway mats and elevator door tracks.
Vacuum upholstery as needed, as well as erasers and chalk trays in
classrooms and conference rooms.
- Mop all hard surface floors regularly, and spot mop
- Empty all waste and recycling receptacles and dispose of trash
and recyclable materials in the appropriate containers.
- Dust and/or wash windowsills, glass doors, furniture, elevator
walls and all unobstructed horizontal vertical surfaces.
- Clean restrooms using tools such as squeegees, brushes, and
high-pressure sprays to clean all surfaces. Restock all supplies
- Clean and perform minor maintenance on custodial equipment to
keep it in proper working order and report all equipment needing
repairs to the supervisor.
- Remove graffiti, spot clean carpets, and remove gum from floors
- Scrub and disinfect drinking fountains.
Specialty & Emergency Work
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for students, staff, and
visitors by removing ice and snow with shovels, ice scrapers, or
salt from outside walks, steps and entrances.
What You Should Know
- Perform initial emergency clean up including water and/or
- Move or assist in the moving of heavy furniture.
- Identify and report updates to building floor plans and
maintenance problems such as burned-out bulbs or tubes, running
water, and plugged drains to supervisor.
- Assist with the stripping and finishing of hard surface
- Participate in the “Eyes and Ears Program” and "Emergency
Response Teams" as needed.
What We Can Offer
- The shift for this position is Monday – Friday, 7am –
- This position is eligible for the
Student Affairs Employee Referral Program.
- Custodians are members of the environmental services team.
Environmental services are considered essential services
- This is a fully in-person position working on the CU Boulder
- Interviews will be in person on the CU Boulder campus.
Applicants are responsible for all expenses involved in traveling
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment
The hourly pay is $15.91 per hour, equivalent to $33,092.80
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be positive. Be unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Six (6) months of work experience in any field.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors,
co-workers, and customers.
- Ability to lift, move and operate cleaning tools and
- Any custodial related work experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 2, 2022
, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: