Administrative Assistant to the Dean and Associate Dean of Arts and
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the Dean and Associate
Dean of Arts and Sciences
DEPARTMENT: Arts and Sciences
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Under the general supervision of the Dean of Arts and
PLACEMENT: Support Staff Grade 8
MINIMUM PAY RATE:t$49,497.49
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age, and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Provides overall administrative support to the Dean of Arts and
Sciences and Associate Dean. Works closely with the office of the
Vice President of Academic Affairs, the offices of the other
college deans, and the various faculty departments and academic
divisions. This individual will be a primary contact for students,
faculty, and staff who have questions and problems. Communicates
information, explains policies and procedures, and organizes
meetings and workflow so that the office operates
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide administrative support to the Dean and Associate Dean of
Arts and Sciences.
2. Maintain the deans’ calendars, plan, coordinate and schedule
appointments and meetings, disseminate information and maintain
files for the office of Dean of Arts and Sciences.
3. Prepare and type correspondence, memos, documents, internal and
external reports and handle confidential materials. Maintain a high
level of confidentiality.
4. Answer telephones and assist with visitors, student, faculty,
and staff requests; desk coverage, and online reception. Respond to
5. Process work orders for facility services, food service and IT
6. Work with tenure faculty by scheduling goal meetings,
end-of-year evaluations, dean classroom observations, process
student evaluations and maintain their electronic tenure
7. Process independent study requests in Curriculog; and input
semester course information.
8. Maintain webpage/ portal pages as needed for the Dean of Arts
9. Assist deans in maintaining and monitoring departmental
10. Serve as administrative support back-up for Arts and Sciences
11. Prepare agenda and act as recording secretary for monthly Arts
and Sciences Department Chairs and schedule meetings with
12. Coordinate and schedule travel for the deans.
13. Open, record and file electronically internal mail received for
the deans’ signature.
14. Input semester course information; run enrollment reports and
student information; reopen grading component for faculty and
adjuncts as needed.
15. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Associates degree.
2. Two years of related experience with knowledge of modern office
practices and procedures.
3. Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple
tasks and responsibilities simultaneously to meet deadlines.
5. Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of
6. Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented, and
7. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective
working relationships with other members of the college and
community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional
8. Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect
and inclusion, sustainability, integrity, collaboration, humor and
well-being, innovation and quality.
1. Experience with Datatel/Colleague and Workday.
2. Experience working within a community college or educational
3. Exhibits the JJC Core Values: respect, integrity, collaboration,
humor and well-being, innovation, and quality.
4. English and Spanish verbal and written communication
5. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Normal office physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOUR
• A cover letter with your interest in being considered for the
• Unofficial Transcripts (must be included)
Internal candidates must adhere to the terms of employment
regarding length of time in current position as outlined in their
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.