HR Systems Analyst
# of Openings:
The HRIS Systems Analyst is part of the HRIS team reporting to the
Manager, HRIS. The HR Systems Analyst provides technical subject
matter expertise and support including reporting and analytics,
systems configuration and processing within selected HR systems
including PeopleSoft HCM, IBM Cognos Analytics, Tableau, and other
HR systems. The HR Systems Analyst supports HR with reporting and
data visualizations, provides project support, participates in
absence management processing and supports other modules. The HR
Systems Analyst is the link between Princeton’s enterprise HR
applications, data analytics and reporting and the stakeholders of
the data in those systems. The HR Systems Analyst works closely
with the Senior HR Systems Analyst, the Senior HRIS Business
Analyst, HRIS managers and staff, HR partners, Office of
Information Technology (OIT) and other university partners to
deliver HR systems support, reports and dashboards. The HR Systems
Analyst will also be called upon to participate with others in
HRIS, HR and campus partners to enable systems and reporting
functionality on projects and initiatives. The successful candidate
should have broad experience with data and analytics using tools
such as IBM Cognos Analytics, Tableau, and other HR technology ERP
platforms, such as PeopleSoft HCM v 9.2, Workday, SAP, iCIMS and
other SAAS/Cloud systems with the ability to work on multiple
projects, within tight deadlines and successfully work with
technical and functional users.
Human Resources Reporting, Data
Visualization and Creation
Human Resources Systems Configuration,
Processing and Support
- Produce operational and ad hoc reports, analytics and
dashboards of varying complexity for Princeton’s HR applications
using the Cognos BI reporting tool, Tableau and/or query tools.
Review and analyze data and provide trends and insights.
- Fulfill reporting requests by working with HR partners and
clients to understand the business requirement, use analytical
reasoning to outline the necessary information that can be provided
from the HRIS systems, recommend a data product that may meet the
need and then develop and deliver it.
- Utilize auxiliary tools such as Tableau or Microsoft Excel,
provide additional data analysis, charts and graphs to internal HR
and external clients.
- Work with the Senior HR Systems Analyst to design and develop
data visualizations including HR dashboards/statistical summaries
and perform trend analysis. Automate, when able, and strive for end
- Participate in upgrade testing of IBM Cognos Analytics,
Tableau, and other HR systems.
- Ensure data quality and design solutions to fix and/or maintain
- Analyze business requirements, recommend effective solutions
and coordinate with Senior Business Analyst and other HRIS team
members, Office of Information Technology and departmental systems
users to ensure system integrity and efficient and effective
systems operations; work closely with users to define and analyze
business and operational problems; perform a variety of advanced
analytical, internal consulting and project duties to support HR
and campus partners.
- Provide tier 2 systems support and perform systems processing
including running processes, reports and analyzing results. Create
and run queries to support processing. Escalate issues to Senior
Business Analyst/tier 3 subject matter expert within HRIS, as
- Serve as a backup to tier 1 biweekly and monthly absence
processing and production support.
- Provide systems and operations maintenance and support by
preventing or correcting issues or defects. Support HR systems end
users by troubleshooting and analyzing systems issues or questions.
Escalate to Senior HRIS Business Analyst or Office of Information
Technology (OIT) when development assistance is required.
- Configure PeopleSoft HCM and HR systems and perform security
review and request access for end users.
- Participate in HR systems upgrades by creating and using test
scripts, identifying and reporting issues and working with Senior
Business Analyst, other HRIS team members and OIT to ensure issues
- Participate in internal and external systems data audits.
- Provide training to end users on the use of applications; meet
with users to provide information on system changes and address
questions or issues; instruct users on setup and execution of
specific processes; design and develop training materials; conduct
or coordinate training sessions.
- Lead or participate in systems-related projects with others in
HRIS and other HR functions to enable system functionality on small
to medium sized projects and initiatives as needed.
- Lead or participate in reporting and data analysis
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years related experience
- Experience working with data, attention to detail and the
ability to understand the intent and end-use of reports, an
understanding of data visualization tools and a high level of
- Understanding of relational database management systems and
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to produce pivot tables
- Experience in working on small to medium sized projects,
ability to successfully work on multiple tasks at any given point,
strong relationship building skills and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service, organization, and follow-up
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, multi-task,
manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced
- Ability to handle confidential information in a responsible and
- Experience working with PeopleSoft HCM or other human resources
ERP or SAAS/cloud systems preferred.
- SQL experience preferred.
- Experience using an advanced BI tool.
- Cognos and Tableau preferred.
- Prior experience at a university is a plus.
Princeton University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
IS THE LAW