The Department of Management & Entrepreneurship in the Phillips School of Business at High Point University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of the Practice of Healthcare Management effective as early as January 2023. Rank and salary are dependent upon qualifications, but there are opportunities to be promoted. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in healthcare management, management, and leadership where qualifications meet. Collaborating with faculty on curriculum and program development, service to the school and university, and maintaining professional qualifications are also expected.
The candidate will work collaboratively with faculty across the Department of Management & Entrepreneurship and the Phillips School of Business. The Phillips School of Business embraces a broad range of theoretical and methodological perspectives, values collaborative research, and encourages faculty to work across divisions and specializations.
Review of applications will begin September 15th and the position will stay open until filled. If you have questions concerning this position, please contact the Chair of the Management and Entrepreneurship, Dr. Dave Tofanelli, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and Licensure
- The ideal candidate must hold an earned doctoral degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or a related field with at least 18 hours of graduate coursework closely related to Healthcare Administration or Business Administration.
Experience and Training
- A minimum of 7 years of professional health care management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership position.
- Teaching experience at the university level is highly preferred though not required.
- Develop, coordinate, and teach content within High Point University’s Phillips School of Business’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Provide mentorship and advisement for students in the School of Business as appointed by Dean’s Office and Department Chair
- Maintain relevant scholarly activities
- Participate in committees within the department, School, and University and participate in professional and governmental organizations as appointed by Chair
- Abide by University and School of Business policies
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chair of the Department of Management & Entrepreneurship and Director, MBA Program
This position reports to the Chair of Management & Entrepreneurship.
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. High Point University is a God, family and country school.
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas.
High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.