The Department of Economics in the Phillips School of Business at High Point University invites applications for a one year visiting full-time, non-tenure track position at the rank of Instructor, Assistant, or Associate Professor (or Practitioner) of Economics effective August 2023. Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications, but there are opportunities to be promoted. Fields are open, with a preference for Environmental Economics, Labor Economics, or Health Economics. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and possibly electives in environmental economics, international economics, and intermediate microeconomics. Collaborating with faculty on curriculum and program development, service to the school and university, and scholarly research are also expected.
The candidate will work collaboratively with faculty across the Department of Economics and the Phillips School of Business. The Phillips School of Business embraces a broad range of theoretical and methodological perspectives, values collaborative research, and encourages faculty to work across divisions and specializations.
Applicants must be committed to quality teaching and have a well-defined research agenda, preferably with at least one peer-reviewed publication. Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, outline of research agenda, three letters of reference, and unofficial copies of graduate transcripts. Application materials should be submitted electronically.
Review of applications will begin September 15th and the position will stay open until filled. We intend to interview virtually on Jan 2-5, following AEA guidance. If you have questions concerning this position, please contact the Chair of the Department of Economics, Dr. Jerry Fox, email@example.com.
Education and Licensure
- PhD in Economics is preferred, but those with 18 graduate hours in economics plus extensive teaching and/or professional practice of economics will be considered.
Experience and Training
- Candidates should have experience teaching students in diverse settings.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working within higher education settings in a full time or adjunct faculty role.
- Candidates must be able to leverage learning technologies such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Classroom, Blackboard, WebEx, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Develops and delivers undergraduate level coursework
- Engages in scholarship and/or professional activities within their field
- Engages in service to the university and the community
This position reports to the Chair of Economics.
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. High Point University is a God, family and country school.
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas.
High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.