To enrich education through diversity, The College of New
Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong
commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and
strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to
The College of New Jersey seeks a full-time
photographer/videographer with a strong visual sense and a love for
The Office of Communications, Marketing, and Brand Management
produces images and video content for college news outlets; TCNJ
; media relations outreach; college, school and
department websites; social media; student recruitment materials;
athletics and events, etc.
The ideal candidate will have produced a portfolio of compelling
photography and video, understand theories of light and
composition, be able to multitask, be accustomed to working against
deadline, and able to collaborate and communicate within a team
Working under the direction of the Director for Marketing
Communications and in collaboration with members of the web and
creative services teams, the photo/videographer will:
- Film and/or photograph events, programs, students, and
activities for use across various print and digital platforms
(including website and social media marketing, TCNJ Magazine and
marketing publications). Images/video will balance artistry and
innovation with practical business requirements; promote design and
consistency of look, tone, and feel; and ensure brand guidelines
and execution requirements are met.
- Edit, retouch, crop, and/or color correct images/videos.
- Produce regular video newsreel for campus news channel, as well
as other special projects such as the president’s holiday video and
- Manage student photographers and videographers.
- Scout locations and setups.
- Manage digital photo/video archive.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor's degree in photography, video production,
communications, or related field.
- Portfolio demonstrating professional quality work.
- Professional experience as a photographer or videographer is
- Proficiency in Photoshop CC, Lightroom and other photo
- Efficiency in Adobe Premiere, visual effects and sound
- Experience developing and maintaining photo and/or video
- Studio and location lighting skills are necessary.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Detail oriented and creative with a trained eye for composition
- A team player mentality with an ability to work
- Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of background check and reference checks.
- COVID-19 Testing and Compliance - The College has a mandatory
COVID-19 vaccination requirement. To learn more, please read the
policy here: COVID-19 Requirements and Protocols. https://hr.tcnj.edu/covid-19-employee-info/
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national
recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ
has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and
is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive
colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75
"Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of
American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the
northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report.
TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the
Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa
chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and
universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the
foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts
& Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social
Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and
Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a
commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by
train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is
set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known
for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of
interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information
for three professional references. Applications will be considered
until a viable finalist has been found.