ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - CHILD DEVELOPMENT
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking a part-time Child
Development Faculty to teach during the 2022 - 2023 academic year.
If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to
the mission of the community college, consider joining our team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom
by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet
students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
All interested candidates, including current City Colleges of
Chicago employees, must submit the following documents for
- Graduate degree in Child Development, Early Childhood
Education, Elementary Education and Teaching, Education or a degree
in a related field.
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- A letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial
transcripts initially accepted, official transcripts must be
provided at time of interview.)
- Two letters of recommendation
Thank you for your interest!