Help create, assess, and maintain innovative new Career Exploration Communities. Manage and oversee all aspects of three Career Exploration Communities. Recruit for and supervise faculty Career Champions, student leaders, and Alumni Advisory Boards for assigned Career Exploration Communities. Develop career- and industry-specific programming for students and alumni. Serve as employer and alumni relations specialist for assigned Career Exploration Communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with the CCPD Director to create innovative new Career Exploration Communities (CEC).
- Collaborate closely with the other Assistant Director for CECs and other members of CCPD, Student Life, CentreWorks, academic programs, and other entities to promote synergies and success of all CECs.
- Engage Centre faculty, staff and students in a listening tour and landscape analysis to help plan and craft the CECs.
- Advocate for the CECs across all campus constituencies and external audiences.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of three CECs including, but not limited to:
- Recruit and oversee the faculty Career Champions for assigned CECs, including working with the Director to train new faculty Career Champions.
- Recruit and manage the student leaders for assigned CECs; oversee a student-led communications platform.
- Develop, plan, and facilitate career and professional programming to accelerate students’ preparedness for their chosen career fields.
- Work with the Alumni & Development Office to identify and recruit alumni for an Alumni Advisory Board for each assigned CEC, as well as for career mentors and speakers for industry-specific events.
- Oversee the Alumni Advisory Board for each assigned CEC.
- Build and manage relationships with employers and alumni to help students explore career fields and prepare for and connect with internships, post-graduate jobs, and graduate/professional school.
- Actively engage employers in providing industry-specific content to both faculty and students and in recruiting Centre students for internships and post-graduate jobs.
- Maintain and update the webpage for each assigned CEC with career- and industry-specific information, internship and job links, and graduate/professional school resources.
- Support inclusive excellence by providing programming and outreach to underrepresented student populations and affinity groups.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, qualities/skills employers seek in candidates, employer culture, and the hiring process so as to educate students, faculty and staff.
- Work closely with assigned Assistant Director (career coach) to provide direct support to students and alumni.
- Represent the CCPD and/or Centre College at events for prospective students, parents, alumni, and employers.
- Support and attend CCPD events as required.
- Travel and work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith, gender, neurodiversity, race and sexual orientation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Serve on college-wide committees as assigned.
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in career services, higher education, business, recruiting, human resources, employer development, or a related field.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong project management skills, from concept through execution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proven ability to think strategically.
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, and a desire to innovate and deliver outcomes to students.
- Proven ability to lead and/or supervise others.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments; excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity and comfort with Windows office environment, and social media platforms.
- Team player with upbeat attitude; calm and nimble when faced with unexpected challenges.
Limited pushing, pulling, and lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs. Mobility on campus is necessary.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at https://www.centre.edu/offices/human-resources/career-opportunities (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. For full consideration, application materials must be submitted online by September 30, 2022.