Baltimore City Community College is searching for three full-time
instructors to teach dual enrollment and/or P-TECH courses. The
positions are in English, Psychology, and Speech. These are
one-year, full-time positions only for the 2022 – 2023 academic
year. The selected candidates will teach 15 credit hours per
semester and will hold scheduled office hours. The courses will be
face-to-face and will be held on the College’s Liberty campus, at
the respective high school, or both. Course assignments could be
daytime, evening, or weekend. The start date for the positions is
- Contributes to the overall achievement of the college’s mission
and goals through effective instruction and classroom
- Plans and prepares for assigned instructional courses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Maintains data to support the student learning and outcome
- Creates and maintains an environment of rapport and
- Clearly establishes expectations for learning and
- Maintains up-to-date accurate records on attendance and student
- Makes referrals to college resources available to students to
provide services or assistance.
- Communicates learning expectations.
- Varies teaching techniques and incorporates current
- Provides students with written and oral feedback.
- Keeps all classes and office hours for the required amount of
time set forth by the college and maintain good classroom
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- College teaching experience.
- Three years of teaching in a college setting, preferably
community college experience.
- Familiarity with Canvas or another learning management system
- Doctoral degree in the relevant discipline.