About the Opportunity
Northeastern University Vancouver campus is looking for a teaching
assistant to help students in introductory courses in Analytics.
TA's responsibilities may consist of the following:
- Attend course meetings and respond promptly to emails from the
- Attend the class to ensure alignment with the course instructor
-Be approachable, helpful, and familiar with the course content and
- Hold office hours and/or monitor an online discussion
- Conduct tutorials or review sessions.
- Be prepared to answer questions about handling alternate
solutions to assignment and test questions.
- Discuss any changes to the marking scheme with the course
- Provide sufficient feedback. Students must be able to
understand why marks were deducted. Ensure that your comments are
tactful and constructive.
- Report any suspected academic integrity issues to the course
Time commitment is 5 hours per week for a 6-week course, with
possibilities for renewal.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Vancouver-BC-Canada/Teaching-Assistant_R107634-1