Director of Placement Testing (Reg FT)
Director of Placement Testing (Reg
: College Wide
This position will remain
open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an
interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter
and resume by no later than July 18, 2022. The College cannot
guarantee that application materials received after this date will
be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package.
Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
The Director of Placement for
Enrollment Services will manage placement testing to assure smooth
access, testing security and protocols, records coordination, and
faculty collaboration. This position oversees scheduling, location,
website information, communication through e-tools, security,
assuring connectivity with student records, data analysis and
reports, coordination with faculty, processing of multiple measures
options, and more. This position will also assist with the intake
of prospective students and their progression in the enrollment
process, providing support both on and off-campus.
Bachelor's degree in education or
related field and a minimum of two years' experience in education
or related experience required. Must have experience working with
diverse populations, strong communication skills and ability to
learn new computer systems as needed.
1. Perform day-to-day coordination of all testing center
activities across the college, including creating an onsite
schedule for placement testing.
2. Be proficient in understanding the multiple measures that
the college uses and will exempt students from having to complete a
placement test in preparation for a course that has
3. Must be able to communicate multiple measures to all
students, if asked, before a placement test is scheduled.
4. Assist with coordination of the placement testing schedule
with the academic testing schedule.
5. Communicate the placement testing schedule (including short
and long-term changes) with the Enrollment Services staff members
6. Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the test
7. Act as the primary proctor of the College's placement
testing and assists in finding other proctors, as needed.
8. Travels to various campus or center testing locations.
9. Working hours may include evenings, or weekends depending on
deadline requirements and special events.
10. Assist in training staff in procedures and protocols for
all tests offered in the Testing Center.
11. Maintain records, process scores, and produce reports as
12. Input student test scores into the data system(s) of the
13. Schedule and run various reports on the utilization of the
testing center, as well as student performance on the placement
14. Supports Enrollment Services by meeting with prospective
students to facilitate progression through the enrollment
15. Supports on-campus and off campus recruitment
16. Provide excellent student and customer service by answering
questions from visitors and callers.
17. Ensures security and confidentiality for test copies,
answer keys, answer sheets and other sensitive information.
18. Be responsible for understanding of the new student
enrollment process to direct a response to student needs in a
timely and professional manner.
19. Serve as a liaison with faculty members who are working on
changes to the placement testing process or tests.
20. Perform other duties as assigned or required by the
Executive Director of Enrollment Services.
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available
Effective November 1, 2021, as a
condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of
Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and
provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved
exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered
a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement
for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests
will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office
of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: