The Biology Department at SUNY Brockport invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Microbiology position starting August 2023. The successful candidate will develop a strong, externally-funded research program involving undergraduate and Master's level students, which may include summer research program participation. Candidates who utilize a model organism suitable for undergraduate research are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will teach Microbiology, an elective for Biology and Medical Technology majors, as well as a requirement for nursing intent students; and develop upper-division courses in his or her expertise. Applications received before October 1st will be considered first.
• Ph.D. in Microbiology or related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university or ABD (all but dissertation) candidates must earn their degree within 6 months of hire.
• Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Microbiology.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain a program of research involving graduate and undergraduate students.
• Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
• Post-doctoral experience in a related field.
• Teaching experience at a university level.
• Experience working with microbiomes.
Salary and Benefits: May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Application Instructions: Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including 1.) Cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications 2.) Resume/CV 3.) Contact information for three professional references 4.) Statement detailing research interests. 5.) Statement of teaching philosophy.