Reporting directly to the CIO, the Manager IT Finance works
independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential
strategic financial and investment duties. Requires excellent
communication presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
with ability to lead work with a wide range of internal and
external contacts. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit
and experience leading contract and venture activities. Requires
knowledge of how to maximize the impact of IT budget spend and
corresponding goals. This position is responsible for leading the
IT department financial strategy to enable the technology vision
for the university.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Oversees financial operations, budget forecasting and financial
planning for the IT department, amortization schedule, five-year
model, replacement cycle, capital depreciation, revenue generation,
venture fund management, due diligence research and other financial
related business model activities.
- Develop complex financial models and programs to manage $15M+
IT operating Budgets and Innovation funds.
- Understanding and alignment around our strategic plan. Enabled
by the strategic plan and informed by the IT vision, take action as
self-starter to positively deliver the objectives.
- Contract orchestration and facilitation as part of the
multi-year multi-million-dollar financial model. Enable the
strategic financial plan for expense, capital, amortization
schedules to ensure all is leveraged to highest potential.
- Orchestrate salary budgets to ensure long-term strategies are
- Lead budget contract negations, contract renewals, and budget
- Lead the annual IT budgeting and planning process including
communication and accountability to both budget managers and
organizational finance professionals to achieve the annual
operational and financial objectives of the business.
- Interpret current policies and practices and plans/implements
new operating procedures to improve efficiency and reduce costs,
including exploring outsourcing certain functions.
- Participate with team to draft IT communications to campus.
Draft financial communications to facilitate information regarding
large expenditures, investments, venture fund management, and due
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and
equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications
from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity,
sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years experience with budget planning
and reporting and working with senior leadership
- Outstanding organization, written and verbal communication
- Exercise judgment and leadership on matters related
facilitating the financial and contractual components of the Butler
IT department vision and strategy. Maintaining confidentiality is
- Knowledge of budgeting with the ability to analyze financial
model and solve problems creatively along with attention to
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
with professionals of all levels
- Accounting/Budget acumen with strong skills in Excel and other
ERP tools. Highly organized and experience with developing and
- Excel skills with the ability to work with large data sets and
develop easy to understand tables and charts highlighting
information to help make business decisions.
September 06, 2022