Administrative Specialist - Center for Student Success and
The Administrative Specialist for the Center for Student Success
and Retention ( CSSR ) is the initial point of contact for
students, faculty, staff, and community members seeking assistance
from Academic Advising, and Prior Learning and Testing. Regularly
serving as the first point of contact at Washburn University for
current, prospective, and returning students, along with community
members the CSSR Administrative Specialist is responsible for
providing prompt and exemplary customer service. The Administrative
Specialist is responsible for providing general administrative
support to Academic Advising, and Prior Learning and Testing.
Essential Job Functions of Position
· Provides high-level customer support both on the telephone and
in-person for students, faculty, staff, and community members
seeking services from Academic Advising, and the Center for Prior
Learning and Testing
· Schedule and check in students seeking academic advising in an
efficient and effective manner according to unit policies and
· Assists with the scheduling and proctoring of different types of
examinations in the CPL &T (i.e.; ACT, Accuplacer, CLEP, DSST
· Processes payments received in the CPL &T
· Aids in planning, coordinating and facilitating special events
for and within the CSSR, and/or in collaboration with other campus
and non-campus partners
· Provides administrative assistance to support special projects,
groups, or committees
· Maintains CSSR files according to the Unit’s Record Retention
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned or as
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
One year of full-time equivalent work experience or education, or a
combination of experience and relevant education that equals one
year of full-time experience.
Preferred: Two years of experience providing administrative support
or completion of a course of study at the postsecondary level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to interact
effectively with the public and coworkers
Effective organizational, communication, and Microsoft office
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
Regular Business Hours
- After completing one year of service in a benefits-eligible
position, the University will contribute an amount equal to 10% of
base pay into an employee’s defined contribution plan with TIAA .
- After one year of continuous employment, eligible employees may
officially enroll in University courses for credit or audit without
paying applicable tuition and fees. Law School Courses
- For an overview of the excellent benefits package, Washburn
provides employees visit
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered
and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek
candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a
campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse
student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups
that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its
programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or marital or parental status.
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have experience with online and/or web based tools for
- * Do you have work experience in a higher education
- Yes, in the field I am applying for
- Yes, but in a different field than I am applying for
- * Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent?
- Cover Letter